Chapter Nine:

"Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy, First Lady of the 35th President of the United States," the Egyptian speaker announced as Jackie headed through the cheering crowd, Clint and Paul flanking her as ten Egyptian guards walked with her as well; five in front, five in back.

She looked like a queen as she walked toward the dignitaries of Egypt, the people crowding the edges of the road seeming like her loyal subjects despite the fact she wasn't even from their country.

Jack smiled at the T.V and watched as she was greeted by the dignitaries before being led inside the large building where there would be a reception held in her honor as she spoke with the leaders and discussed different matters.

Jack was so proud of her. He was also thankful that the Press didn't show her exiting Onassis's yacht; Jack was almost certain that wouldn't have been good politically.

"Hey, Jack," Bobby called as he entered the residence and found Jack watching the T.V. "Good news!"

"About King?" Jack asked, taking his eyes off the screen for a moment to look at his brother with a smile before quickly returning them at the sight of his wife.

"Yeah. Apparently we have it all sorted out and the whole bug thing was nothing but a misunderstanding. He knows now that we are behind him with anything and always were," Bobby replied with a grin as he sat next to his brother on the couch with a relieved sigh.

"That's one thorn out of our side," Jack returned, never taking his eyes off the screen. "Just what exactly did you say to him?"

"I just told him that the only reason I didn't fight Hoover over the bugs was because I knew he wouldn't find anything and King realized then that I trusted him fully. And now, so does he-as well as the rest of his followers," Bobby answered before indicating to the screen, "How's Jackie?"

"Perfect as usual," Jack grinned, his eyes glowing with admiration and pride. "The people love her over there."

"Did you hear anything about Onassis?" Bobby asked. "Being that he is, in a sense, her escort to and from the countries there."

"Nothing yet, and I don't expect anything too damaging. I think the Press realize that nothing is going on between her and Onassis from the last time she went with him in October. And Jackie is very careful and Pierre can deal with any Press-story-rumors. She's doing so well in Egypt I think the Press will completely overlook the fact Onassis was her transportation."

"Just so nothing bad happens because of this or while she's over there," Bobby warned. "You have an election coming up. The last thing you need is Press stories about how us Kennedy's, particularly your wife, is involved with pirates like Onassis. They'll call us pirate-sympathizers and everything. Or even worse, they'll start dragging in shit about Jackie having a possible affair with Onassis."