Dreaming

Harry's POV

I put my face in my hands "I know, that was stupid, I'm so-!" I shouted between my fingers, anticipating Snape's rant.

"Silence Potter" Snape sighed cutting me off "while I may think of you as a stupid, irresponsible imbecile..that is not why I am here" I narrowed my eyes wondering what was going on.

Snape glared at me for a second before holding out his hand revealing a small phial filled with a clear, shimmering liquid. I looked at Snape confused.

"For Draco. It's a dreamless sleep potion to help him while he recovers from this.. this depression" Snape sighed, he had a sad look in his eyes the kind i'd never seen him bare before.

I took the potion from his still out stretched hand "thank you" I muttered turning back toward the great hall

"Oh and Potter" Snape said just before I entered the hall "tell me how he gets along" I frowned and he seemed to notice how out of character that was for him so he quickly added "I don't want you making things any worse" I snarled. I rolled my eyes and pushed the heavy, wooden doors open.

The hall fell silent as I walked over to my seat next to Draco. He had a pink tinge on his usually paper white cheeks. He seemed to relax a little when he saw me.

"Everything okay?" I asked slipping into my seat nervously looking around the great hall only to find every pair of eyes in the already in us.

"Yep, everything's fine now" he took my hand and placed a small kiss on my cheek, then turning to the rest of the great hall he yelled "Fuck off, I'm trying to have a private conversation with my boyfriend!" I smiled, not because I loved hearing him call me his boyfriend, which I did, but because it was like the old Draco was back.
I leaned in and kissed him.

He smirked "what was that for?" he whispered, I shook my head and grasped his hand.

"So, what did Severus want?" he asked sounding slightly concerned. I looked at Draco for a second, unsure of whether to tell him or not. His eyes were a stormy grey, full of concern. If I didn't show him now i'd have to tell him later anyway. What was the point in lying.

I took the phial out of my pocket and passed it to Draco. He looked down at it frowning "what's this for?"

"You" I stated, eyeing the potion nervously "it's a dreamless sleep potion, for while you-while your-" I tried to think of how to phrase 'while you in a chronic depression that will ruin your life if we don't get it under control and at the moment the only way for us to control it is for me to stay with you 24/7 and we can't do that forever as much as I would love to' without hurting.

Draco's POV

I looked down at the phial, I knew why Harry had asked for it. He knows I can only sleep when i'm with him and I can't rely on him forever.

"Harry I haven't had a bad dream in a long time" I said, but I know he can see straight through me.

"Draco, you can't always rely on me, I won't alway be here.." Harry chocked on his words his eyes brimming with tears "as much as I would love to be by your side every second of the day" tears pooled in Harry's eyes "I just want you to be okay"

I looked around the hall, a couple of eyes were still fixed on us. I didn't want them to see Harry like this and have our life's the topic for gossip all round the school.

I got up and took Harry's hand leading the way out of the great hall taking us towards the dungeons.

"Harry-" I started

"Don't tell me not to worry" he said as if he read my mind "because It won't make any difference Draco, I can't help it. I love you so much, I can't stand to see you go through this any more. please let me help you" he pleaded holding both my hands in his.