Telling the truth

Harry's POV

Hermiones face fell with realisation, she quickly tried to cover it with a fake smile but i'd already seen it. The damage was done and I know that they are disgusted me.

"I know what you must be thinking, but Draco's really changed. You've seen how different he has been surely?" I pleaded. I've only just got them back, I can't lose them again.

Rons face was the image of confusion and seemed to be having difficulty getting his words out as he kept opening and closing his mouth as if to speak but nothing came out.

Hermione's fake smile was starting to falter at the edges and she looked more like he was grimacing than smiling.

"Please" I begged one last time glancing at Draco for support. He was looking down at his feet obviously feeling guilty. I grab his hand so he'd know I didn't blame him and squeezed it. He smiled at me. Seeing this must have triggered something In Hermione because he finally started speaking.

"We'll I suppose we should have been expecting it. It's not like there weren't signs" Hermione rubbed her temples as if she was under a great amount of stress "I mean your attitudes toward each other certainly have changed! Even so Harry..." Hermione took a nervous glance at Draco, which I took to mean she hadn't forgiven him for bullying her all theses years.

"Hermione you have to trust me" I gripped Draco's hand harder, and I felt his eyes upon me obviously feeling very awkward.

'I don't know if I can" Hermione muttered in a small voice. I stared and her. I stared at Ron, who had his mouth hanging open.

"Yes you can Hermione" I whipped my head round to see who had spoken. It was Ginny. She was stood just behind me and Draco at the entrance to the great hall "Harry's right. Look at Malfoy right now and tell me he hasn't changed" I looked up at Draco's perfect face.

He was burning red from ginny's comment and looked extremely uncomfortable but he looked back in to my eyes and I could see all the feelings behind them. It was all I could do not to kiss him.

"Malfoy cares about Harry, more than I ever did" she says the last but quieter. I should be upset but I'm just happy to have some one in my side. "I saw how desperate he was to find Harry that night we had a fight and you can't deny that he has stopped bullying and pushing everyone round" Ginny looked at our entwined hands then up at our faces and smiled "can't you see how happy they are?"

I smiled back at Ginny. I was so happy that we were still friends and even more so that she was happy for me and Draco. I never imagined her to support our relationship so much.

"She's right 'mione" I spun round and gasped at Ron. Not because it was the first time he had spoken but because he was the last one I thought would agree with Ginny. Hermione's eyes bulged at him. "Look at them and tell they aren't perfectly happy, even if it is a little weird" Ron gave us a weak smile.

I feel the anger coming from Hermione as she said "I can't harry, I just can't" I stared after her, squeezing Draco's hand even harder.

"Don't worry Harry she'll come around mate" Ron shouted as he ran down the corridor after her. I stood rooted to the spot as Ginny tried to reassure me everything would be fine but I wasn't listening.

Would everything be fine? Hermione had always been the rational one. She's always been the one who'd seen sense when no one else had. What would I do without her.

I suddenly realise how tight I'd been holding Draco's hand and let go "sorry" I muttered as he massaged his palm.

"Don't Harry, this is all my fault" he stopped massaging his hand and looked into my eyes "I'm so sorry"

I shook my head violently, I was about to leap into his arms for comfort when the doors to the great hall burst open and people stared pouring out.

I quickly grab Draco's arm and pulled him in to the nearest cupboard, forgetting all about Ginny.

As soon as we were out of sight I fell in to Draco's arms. We fitted together perfectly. I looked up in to his beautiful mercury eyes and kissed him. His lips were soft and moved in perfect timing with mine. I needed more. I flicked my tongue, licking his lower lip, Draco moaned and I took this opportunity to slip my tongue in but he pushed me away.

"No harry" I stared at him. I had no idea what was wrong "I can't, I've ruined everything"

"What" I felt Draco's arms slip from around me.

"I've turned every one against you" I could feel the pain in his voice like it was real and it was killing me "all this because of me. I'm an awful person. I don't want to hurt you harry. I can't hurt you" I watched a small tear slide down Draco's beautiful face.

"What are you saying. You-you aren't-you can't leave me. You can't do that Draco" I stepped forward and tried to reach him but he pulled away.

"I'm sorry harry, this is the only way. I can't hurt you" I stared and him. What did he think he was doing right now? This wasn't just hurting me I felt like my heart had been ripped from inside me and thrown off the astronomy tower.

"Draco.." I whispered barly audible

"Come on, Harry were late for class" with that he left. I stared after him. Silent tears crept down my face. I couldn't move. I stayed rooted to the spot not knowing what to do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay new chapter!

Hope of guys liked it, loving all your feed back :') it makes me feel warm and fuzzy :D

Good bye until next time (shouldn't be to long of a wait)