Chapter 18: Dancing

I took the intertwined blue and orange roses which belonged to Hikaru and Kaoru

I took the intertwined blue and orange roses which belonged to Hikaru and Kaoru. Honestly I don't know why I did it. I just felt drawn to the boys. Maybe it was because they were much like my brother or maybe I just felt the need to let them redeem themselves. I sighed as the two boys each grabbed one of my hands and walked me to the dance floor. I was so confused, the twins were messing with me again right? "Hey Lucian." They said in unison.

"U-um, Y-y-yeah?" You stuttered.

"You're too cute. Say, how about-" Kaoru began.

"Being our toy forever?" Hikaru ended.

"What? No, I am not your toy. Don't call me that again." I said as I danced with them one at a time.

Suddenly Hikaru stopped dancing with me and pushed me toward Kaoru. "I have to go take care of some business. You two have fun," he said as he walked away and off the dance floor.

I danced awkwardly with Kaoru as he shuffled nervously back and forth. He stared at his feet and muttered the numbers "one, two, three, one, two three," under his breath. I didn't know what to say to him. I just sorta stared at the floor, unsure where to look. It was really awkward, and very quiet. I could practically feel the tension in the air. Just then Kaoru laughed, which caught my atention and broke the silence.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing, it's stupid." He answered back.

We continued to dance in perfect timing. "Aw come on Kaoru, you can tell me anything. You're like one of my best friends."

"Well now I'm definitely not telling you." He stated as he let go of my hand and stopped dancing.

"What? Why not!?" I almost fell on my butt.

"If you only think of me in that way then there's no point in saying it, right?" He explained as he smiled sadly and walked away and out the doors.

"Kaoru!" I quickly followed behind him. I looked around hurriedly to see where he had disappeared to. I spotted him on a stone bench under a tree. I walked quietly toward him as the music stopped. I stood behind him and sighed. "You'll get cold if you stay out here for too long."

"I guess so," he answered.

"Kaoru. Why did you run off?" I asked as I sat beside him and brushed my hair out of my face.

"You wouldn't understand." He stood to leave.

"Kaoru wait! What were you going to say?" I grabbed his sleeve.

"I'll tell you, but you have to listen, and you can't freak out." He said.

"Okay, I promise I won't freak out on you." I motioned him to speak. "Tell me literally anything."

"W-well, I was just thinking it's funny-" he stopped himself.

"What's funny?" I persisted.

"W-well, wouldn't it be funny, i-if tomorrow, we woke up, and we were boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked as he stared at me.

"What?" I asked nervously and played with my dress.

"I- I'm trying to say that, I really like you, Lucian." He stated.

My heart was beating a mile a minute. My palms grew sweaty and my breaths grew shaky. I felt butterflies frolicking in my stomach. I stood from the bench and stared at the floor quietly. "Kaoru, your my best friend-"

Kaoru cut me off. "I know and I didn't want to say anything cause then it'd be really weird." Kaoru stated. He turned to leave but I grabbed his hand tightly.

"But, even boyfriend and girlfriend can be best friends too right?" I smiled. I let go of his hand.

Kaoru's eyes widened. He smiled brightly and hugged me. "Then my best friend is you Lucian, my girlfriend."

I sighed

I sighed. For a host he wasn't very romantic. I clenched my fist and looked up at him. i shook my head as he began to ramble. I grabbed his tie and pulled his head down the six inches that separated our lips. I placed a gentle peck on his lips and smiled. He stared at me, surprised and began to turn a deep shade of red. "Couldn't you tell I like you too?! You idiot!" I gently let go of his tie. He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "And call me Lucy."

Author's note

sorry about the poor picture quality on that last one but my photo shopping skills aren't great and i had to use four different pictures to create the one. Thanks!