Chapter 17: The Final Concert

I stood on the stage as tons of fawning girls all waited impatiently, and rather loudly, for my performance. I tried to relax. This was the most nervous I'd ever been. This is the big one. The very last concert of the year. My last impression! I scanned the crowd. As my eyes finally landed on a specific group of teens I dropped the curtain and began to get even more anxious. My hands began to shake and every part of my body was tingling. The butterflies attacked my stomach. I bit my bottom lip. Finally, it was my time to shine. I held my guitar firmly and walked out from the curtains. The girls all squealed as I quickly scanned the crowd once more. It suddenly grew quiet and I felt all eyes on me. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I began to play, but no sound came from my guitar. I stopped strumming and quickly ran off the stage as all the students stared at each other in confusion. I couldn't bring myself to play. It was too nerve wrecking. I sat on the floor and hugged my knees.

All of the host members and Micko-san had seen this and rushed to the stage. They had all entered through the curtains and were already by my side. I looked up as Micko-san keeled down beside me. "Lucian, get up!" He asked gently.

"No! No, I-I can't go out there." I muttered.

"Lucian! Lucian!" He shook me. "Lucian wake up!"

I opened my eyes to find myself in the passenger seat of my car. Micko-san had his hand on my shoulder and was shaking me. "Lucian, we're here. Get up."

I stepped out of the car. The school's parking lot had never been so full. Mostly limos. I began to walk towards the school with Micko-san but I was suddenly stopped and embraced in a warm hug. My eyes went wide as I realized it was Tamaki who held me close in his arms.

"We're all here for you." Tamaki gently whispered in my ear. He slowly let me go as my nerves faded to nothing.

We all waked to the stage quickly together and found the other host club members. "Good luck Lucian!" They all wished to me.

Tamaki patted my head. "I know you can do it." He said smiling whole-heartedly. "You're a protégé!"

I blushed and smiled brightly, not sure if he even knew what that meant. I waved to them and thanked them. Then I walked on to the stage and once more into the spotlight, for real this time, the final time. I looked at the crowd of high-schoolers and took a deep breath.

I strummed my electric guitar once to check the key and everyone went silent. "This one is for all you girls who come to see the Host Club every day!" Suddenly, it was like everything had stopped and it was just me and the guitar, just as it had been at home. Then I heard the drummer. Didn't know I had a partner! That's so much less nerve racking!  I played the song as perfectly I could and had fun singing it.

This was the piece I had spent so many nights and days on, just to get it right, and finally it was perfect. The song was great. It was upbeat, happy, and fit perfectly with the host club. I played and sang with all my heart and it was as if all of the anxiety, strain, and stress just went away. I smiled widely as I sang loudly, listening to every note I hit, and how every note fit perfectly in its place. I jumped up and down to the beat of the song in excitement as I played the electric guitar. Finally the song was over and the people grew super loud as they clapped, cheered, and screamed in excitement.

I smiled as I took a bow and walked off of the stage. Once I was behind the curtains the host club members all tackled me in hugs. Except for Kyoya and Mori of course. Kyoya just smiled and told me good job. Mori-sempai just patted my hair, which was his way of saying good job. I smiled widely as I packed my expensive electric guitar into its case and put it on my back. I walked off the stage as a large group of fan girls surrounded me.

"Wow Lucian!" One blonde girl said.

"That was so amazing!" Another girl with pink dyed hair exclaimed.

"I wish I knew how to play guitar!" Another red head girl admired.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." I said in a voice that said I didn't really care. I smiled at them as they all blushed brightly. I walked away and hid in the corner. I watched as all the other students danced and had a blast. A lot of girls seemed to be staring at me. A big group of them marched over to me. They all simultaneously asked me to dance. I sighed and one by one danced with each girl, as if every song was assigned to one girl. Finally no other girls asked me to dance and you finally had time to relax... Or so I thought. The twin appeared out of nowhere and dragged me into a dressing room. They threw a pretty blue dress over the top of the stall and told me to change and come back out into the ball room. This being the last dance, I gave into them. I changed quickly and stepped onto the dance floor in the prom dress and sneakers.

"Attention," called D.J., the DJ. "This will be the last dance for the night. So pick your special someone and have fun." Suddenly all the host boys approached me, except Tamaki who was trying to dance with Haruhi, and as if in complete sync they all asked- "Would you care to dance." They all held out a rose of different color as I stared at them, unaware of who to pick.

" They all held out a rose of different color as I stared at them, unaware of who to pick