Chapter 4: Time With Kaoru

I walked down a path of cherry blossoms

I walked down a path of cherry blossoms. The wind mystically blew through my long brown hair, as if it were calling me to move forward. I walked towards a shadowy figure ahead. I couldn't see who it was, but I felt as if I had to reach them as fast as I could. I slowly began to walk faster and faster, until I was no longer walking. I sprinted down the sidewalk and reached out to the shadowy figure. As I ran closer the figure shaped itself to be a small boy. My eyes widened as I realized who that small boy was. I ran faster and called out to him, hoping he'd hear me. As I begin to close in on the small boy a flash of light engulfed me, searing my eyes but causing no pain.

I woke up.

I sat up suddenly in my bed and looked around. Tears were running down my face. I took a deep breath and fell back down onto my bed. I wiped away the tears and stared at the ceiling. "When was the last time I had that dream," I thought aloud to myself. I sat up again from my bed and stretched. I looked around and rubbed the back of my neck. I was puzzled at the room at first. Why are there bed roles out? That's when I remembered the sleep over. "Oh yeah now I remember." I sighed and slowly stood from the bed. I fixed the bed and walked out of the room and into the dining room where Haruhi and the twins sat.

"Good morning, Lucian!" Kaoru greeted with a smile.

"Morning, Lucian." Hikaru greeted as well.

I wondered why those two were sitting right before my very eyes at my table. At first I thought I was hallucinating. I rubbed my eyes. They were still there. I tried hard to remember how they had gotten here and suddenly, it hit me.

~~~~~~~~~~Rewind~~~~~~~~

"Kaoru, you have to go slow okay, you promised," I said.

"Of course, I'll take it slow okay," Kaoru chided.

"Kaoru not so fast!"

"I'm sorry, Lucian! I couldn't help it." He exclaimed as I groaned in agony.

"You were supposed to go slow!" I said angered.

"To bad! In the world of video games, there are only enemies." Kaoru explained.

"That's not right! We're on a team! If you go too fast you leave me behind. If you leave me behind then I die and we both lose. Besides, you're rich and can actually afford new video games!" I said angered he had failed so miserably at the game.

"As I said, I win. Now you have to do whatever I say." Kaoru explained with a mischievous smile.

"Fine. You can stay over." I plugged in the X-Box controller.

"Well, it's no fun without the Hitachiin brothers," They said in complete synchronization.

"Oh, brother!" I said as their smiles fell to a frown.

"Aw why do you gotta be so mean Lucian?" Hikaru asked.

"Yeah, we just wanted to spend time with you." Kaoru added.