71| Storm

***

"Brilliant!" The Professor exclaimed as we continued to watch Barry run inside of the singularity. "He's contained the Singularity by adding to its angular momentum!"

"Barry, it's stabilizing." Cisco informed him yelling into his phone. "Keep doing what you're doing!"

"I'm not sure how much longer I can. Cisco." We heard Barry reply and it was clear by the straining in his voice that he was barely able to keep going.

"Now what?" Joe asked as we began running out of options and hope.

"We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons."

"How do we do that?" Ronnie asked knowing that it was only up to him and the Professor now.

"By separating in the eye of it." Stein informed. "The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick. It's our only hope, Ronald."

"Ronnie, no!" Caitlin exclaimed as she desperately held onto him. "It's too dangerous. What if you can't escape the inrush?"

"Cait, we have to try." Ronnie told her as she slowly nodded. He grabbed both sides of her face placing a small kiss on her lips before slowly walking over to Professor Stein. Caitlin walked to my side placing her fingers with mine as we watched Ronnie and the Professor merge together. Ronnie looked back on more time as flames consumed before he flew straight into the center of the singularity. Suddenly an explosion erupted in the sky as we saw what looked like Barry running down catching someone and disappearing on the other side of the building.

"Lets go." I told everyone as we all ran to where they we, but we came to a stop realizing that it was only Barry and the Professor who were before us. From beside me I heard Caitlin whimper as she realized that she lost Ronnie once again.

***

For three days I pretended not to notice that Barry's side of the closet was now empty and that he wan't staying over the night. At first I thought that he just needed some room but when I realized that he took all his belongings with him I knew there was so much more to the situation. So as I walked into the chaotic CCPD I had an idea of what to expect when I confronted Barry.

I didn't bother to knock as I saw Barry hunched at his desk reading a file and by the way he froze he clearly knew I was here but he didn't bother looking up. "Are you even going to say anything?" I asked him in disbelief but he still didn't acknowledge me. "Barry I know it hurts but you have to talk about it." He still didn't say anything as he continued to look down at his hands. "The least you can do is look at me."

Barry sighed as he slowly looked up the pain in his eyes then suddenly hardened. "What do you want me to say?"

"Well you can start of by explaining why you've been avoiding everyone for the past three days. At first when you told everyone that you wanted to break up the team we thought you only needed some space but this is just getting ridiculous." I told him doing my best to be as understanding as I could. "Barry we are all going though the same thing. We are all going through the same loss. This isn't the time to distance ourselves from each other. trust me I know."

"See you don't get it I want to do this alone. This is on me." Barry said as he stood up from his seat.

"You are not alone in this. This isn't just on you. We all feel their loss." I argued but he continued to shake his head.

"I think you should go." He continued in a low tone as he looked away from me again. "I think that...we shouldn't be together anymore. I don't...I don't want us anymore."