19| Cupid's Attack

***

When I got to my apartment I practically ripped the suit off my body to get into my pajamas. Then I ran into the bathroom to splash water on my face. I looked up at myself in the mirror and shook my head in disbelief. "Diane why are you so stupid?"

I walked out of the bathroom and let myself fall over on the couch. Why would Barry do that? Why did I let Barry do that? My thoughts were interrupted by knocking on the door, I was seriously debating on not opening it, but I decided not to let what just happened get to me. Reluctantly I got up and opened the door, my first I instinct was to slam the door shut when I saw Barry standing in the doorway but I forced a smile as he awkwardly stood at the doorway.

"Sorry I know it's late." Barry apologized as he walked past me and into my apartment. He began to pace around the romm and then looked around. "Can I come in?"

"Well, your kind of already inside." I replied as I closed the door behind me. "What's wrong?"

I knew exactly why he was here, and it was a subject I did want to get I to but can't avoid. "I just did something really stupid, and I needed someone to talk to." He walked up to me wrapped his arms around me, I stiffened at the action but I slowly returned the hug. "You were the first person I could think of."

"It's okay. Just tell me what happened." I asked, I hated that I had to be in this situation and the guilt that keeps building up is only making it worse. Barry pulled away so I sat down on the couch and waited for him to join me.

"Okay, so what I'm about to tell you is pretty crazy. And, well I'm not sure how your going to take it. Because like I said its pretty crazy." Barry began to ramble nervously. "And your hobestly the only person who can really help me."

"Barry the point?" I asked wanting to get this conversation over with.

"Okay, I kissed her." He nervously stated as he looked down at his hands.

"Care to be more specific?" I continued although I perfectly knew what he was talking about. It was really hard for me to look him in the eye and lie to his face, because if I didn't I would only make myself seem suspicious.

"Artemis, I kissed Artemis." He quickly admitted and I pretended to act shocked as I moved away from him.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I asked the question that I have been asking myself.

"I don't know it just kind of happened." Barry continued as he covered his face with his hands. "It should have known that a girl like her wouldn't see me in that way."

"You don't even know what type of girl she is." I reminded him. "In fact you don't know her at all."

"I know but it felt like I did, there was just something about her that I just can't explain."

"What can you see in someone who hides behind a mask?" I continued as I tired to reason with him.

"I might not face seen her face, but there was something about her eyes." Barry said as he tired to reason with himself. "But it was dumb of me, to think that she would want anything else with me other than just partners."

"Barry ler me tell you something you deserve someone better than her." I told him honestly. "Yes, she's my friend but let me tell you that she's filled with so much darkness and I wouldn't want you getting hurt by that."

"It doesn't matter anymore, she already made it clear that we wouldn't meet up again." He said seeming very frustrated with himself. "You know I would make up the lamest excuses to meet up with her. And she would always show up, so I thought she might actually be interested in me."