55| The Wedding

***

I was looking through my closet to find a dress to where to the wedding when I found one of Barry's shirt randomly hung up in the corner. I pulled it out of the closet and threw it on the bed as I picked out one of my black dresses. I opened another one of my drawers when I saw one of Barry's socks laying on top, I started looking at other places throughout the room as I continued to find more of Barry's things. "Barry!" I yelled making sure that he'd hear me from the living room.

"What!" He yelled back.

"Barry! Come here!" I shouted, as I impatiently waited for him to come into the room.

"What is it with all the yelling?" Barry asked as he stepped into the room, I pointed at all of his belongings on the bed.

"What's this?"

"Umm...my stuff." Barry replied nervously.

"I can see that but why is it randomly scattered throughout my room?" I continued as he looked at his feet without answering me. And as I thought through the situation I began to catch onto what he was doing. "Barry do you want to keep some of your things here?"

"I mean...I already stay over practically every night...so I just thought..."

"Barry why didn't you just ask? Instead of hinting at it." I told him a smile forming on my lips at how awkward he was being. Barry began to blush so I walked up to him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll clean out some space in my closet for you."

"Really?" Barry asked his face immediately brightening up.

"Yes." I confirmed as I grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around as I guided him out of the room. "Now go, I need to get dressed." Barry opened his mouth to say something but I shut the door not wanting to waist anymore time to get ready. I was fully ready in twenty minutes and when I stepped into the living room ready to go when I stopped to find Barry sitting on the couch watching T.V not ready yet. "Barry...why aren't you dressed?"

Barry stood up and looked at me with wide eyes. "Diane...you look...beautiful." I smiled at his compliment and as he leaned in for a kiss I shook my head and put a finger on his lips.

"Nope. Get ready now because we are not going to be late to this wedding." I said sternly as Barry rolled his eyes. One second he was gone and the other he was standing in front go me ready in his black suit.

"How do I look?" Barry asked and seeing him standing there melted all my irritation away. I walked up to him and fixed his tie.

"Handsome." I replied as he placed his hands on my waist.

"Can I kiss you now?" He asked me and I nodded as he softly pressed his lips against mine. The second we pulled away I grabbed my purse and car keys and headed towards the door.

"You know we could get there faster if..."

"No, absolutely not." I told him without a second thought. "We're driving there."

***

We stepped into the reception room and the first people I saw were Roy and Thea. When Roy saw me at the doorway he smile as he got a hold of Thea's hand as the both walked to us. "Dolls Face." He said as he pulled me into a tight.