21| Not Science

***

I woke up earlier than usual and decided to go for an early run. This morning I slept much better than I have in a long time, mostly because I accepted what happened and decided to move on from that. All I have to do is pretend that nothing ever happened. When I ran by Jitters I saw Iris and smiled at her as I ran by. A few seconds later by feet were no longer on the ground and I felt like I was engulfed in a rush of air. Next thing I knew I waist Barry's arm clutching onto his suit like my life depended on it.

"Scared?" Barry asked with a chuckle as he slowly set me down. I looked around and saw that we were standing in an alley. Not wanting the repeat the same mistake I took a couple steps away from him.

"I would't necessarily say scared." I replied as I attempted to collect all my thoughts. "More like suprised, why the hell would you do that!"

"You were just running so slow." Barry joked as he pulled the mask off his suit, making his hair a mess. "So I thought I'd make things easier for you."

"Why are you so happy today?" I asked noticing his unusually extra jumpy mood.

"I was just thinking about science." Barry said with a smile that I returned, not really sure how that could put someone in a good mood.

"The science of what?" I asked. "Your whole job revolves around science."

"I was thinking that science cannot explain what you feel when you see the person you love smile." He replied with that same smile on his face.

"That's a very random thing to think about." I noted with a bit of unexplainable irritation.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking lately." Barry admitted as he looked down at his feet. "Mostly about what you told me and..." He paused and looked down at the side, most likely listening to a message from the Labs. "I got it." He confirmed before he sighed and looked back up at me. "There's a bank robbery. Have to go." He said before he leaving a gush of wind.

I sighed and realized that Barry left me at least two blocks away from my apartment so I had to take a taxi back to get ready for work. I was about half an hour late when I walked into the Cortex and everyone was scattered around the room busying themselves with anything that could keep them busy. "Wow, you've been MIA for two days and now you're late." Cisco said when he noticed me walk in.

"I would't have been late, but I was forced to make a detour." I replied as I sat down at my usual spot. A few second later Barry rushed into the room as immediately informed us everything that occurred int the bank.

"Anger, hate, aggression. A Jedi craves not these things." Cisco said imitating a Yoda voice, but everyone was to caught up with the recent information to pay much attention to his reference. "No one is feeling that quote?"

"Everyone in the bank went total savage for, like, five minutes." Barry informed us. "And then they were fine again."

"Anger can be a powerful emotion." Dr. Wells stated analyzing the new information that was just fed to us. "If this meta-human can generate irrational feelings of anger in his victims, he can do a lot of damage."

"Detective West helped get a copy of the CAT scans the hospital did on everyone at the bank." I informed as I handed Caitlin the file, knowing that she knew more about this than I did. "Take a look."

"Well, look at this, the emotion centers of the brains are still showing signs of being overwhelmed." Caitlin stated already analyzing the results. "Particularly the area that controls executive function."

"That's the part of the brain that stops people from doing whatever random and potentially destructive thing that pops into their head." I said remembering the few things I learned during my psychology courses when I was in college.