37| Searching for You

***

I sat up from the bed and realized that for the first time in weeks I actually slept through the whole night. Most of the stress that had built up since I went can to Starling was gone, because those problems were gone. After I took a quick shower I sat at the edge of my bed and thought about my current situation, and I came up with two scenarios. One I could stay or two I could go back to Starling only to get dragged back here. Or I could run of to Gotham or Metropolis to be never found again.

The third option began to become extremely appealing, but I knew it was completely childish. I was about to drive to S.T.A.R Labs when I realized I didn't have a car. Because it was in Starling, I groaned in anger as I took the bus over there. As I made my way through S.T.A.R Labs I couldn't deny the fact that I was excited to see Cisco and Caitlin again.

"Diane!" Cisco yelled the second I stepped a foot into the Cortex. I was immediately ambushed by Cisco who pulled me into a tight hug. "When Barry said he was going to try to have you come back I thought he wouldn't be able to do it."

Caitlin came up a few seconds later and also gave me a tight hug. "I'm wondering which one of his plans worked." She said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Plans?" I questioned as I looked between the two.

"Well, Plan A was that you would come back willingly." Caitlin informed me.

"And Plan B was that he was going to flat out kidnap you." Cisco said slightly excited. "So which one was it."

At that point I felt very irritated, he actually planned on forcing me to come back. "Diane you actually came. I honestly though you wouldn't." Barry said as he came into the Cortex with a huge smile on his face.

"Plan B?" I questioned as I glared at him. Barry seemed surprised before he turned towards Cisco and Caitlin.

"You told her about the plans?" He accused and Cisco and Caitlin's guilty looks were enough confirmation for him.

"So I'm guessing you went for Plan B then?" Cisco commented sheepishly.

"On our defense they weren't very well thought out plans." Caitlin defended as she put her hands up in mock surrender.

"Look Diane..."

"Nope, I don't even want to hear it." I replied wanting to avoid a fight between the two of us.

"Mr. Allen are you ready for your training." Dr. Wells asked as he came in through the hallway. "Ms. Crock." He said as he noticed me in the room. "I'm glad to see that your finally back."

"You have Barry to thank for that." I replied in annoyance. "But regardless thank you Dr. Wells."

"Well let's get going shall we?" Dr. Wells continued with a smile as he wheeled himself out of the Cortex as the rest of us followed his lead. This was my first time seeing Barry train, and although it was different to what I was used to Barry was improving.

"Very impressive, Mr. Allen." Dr. Wells congratulated Barry who was finishing his fifteenth Big Belly Burger meal. "Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve."

"It's still not enough." Barry said as he was about to start on his next burger.

"Actually it is enough." I said as I took the burger out of his hands. "I know you have to eat a lot but you should start considering healthier choices."

"As your doctor I agree with Diane on this one." Caitlin commented.

"Back to our point." Dr. Wells said going back to their previous subject. "You keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes around."