Chains Are Complications

When I opened my eyes, I gasped in shock. My wrists were chained and I was dangling over a hole big enough for me to fall through. The only things that were holding me up were the chains.

                Looking up from the very deep hole, I took in my surroundings. It looked like I was in a very old building. The walls were made of stone and there was a weapons table on my right. From the looks of it, I was dangling over a well? A fire was started on the wall in front of me; and next to it there was a table full if needles and syringes. Where in the hell was I, and why was I here?

                The sound of a door opening caught my attention and the same woman from earlier walked in. She was dressed in one of that olden day—but very pretty-- dresses women wore back in the day. Was she mentally psycho or something? Who in the hell, these days, captured people to . . . supposedly train them?

                Seth? I called out mentally to him. Maybe he would be able to hear me and come find me. Seth! Pick up the damn mental phone already!

                “Don’t bother trying to reach him.” The prissy bitch over here said. “He can’t hear you. We are isolated by this wall. It’s magic. Nothing gets in or out.”

                She walked over to the weapons table and picked up something that looked like a whip. What the hell? She came over to me then, and caressed my cheek as if she were suddenly nice.

                “You may call me Mistress Angelica. I think that now would be a good time to start your training. Don’t you?” She laughed then flung the whip towards me.

                I closed my eyes and screamed. Opening them again, I looked down at myself and saw a thin red line of blood on my side. Closing my eyes again, I was taken away from this place in my mind.

                It was a sunny day and Seth and I were outside; at the place where he had proposed to me. I was in the little pond thing, and Seth slowly came into it with me. And then we kissed. Our kiss was soft and gentle, as was his touch. Right as soon as our kiss deepened, I was brought back to reality by a slap that hit my cheek with much force.

                Angelica caressed my cheek again, and then came closer to whisper in my ear. She said, “I know what you’re doing. You think that you can escape right now in your head. So tell me, what were you thinking of?”

                I wasn’t going to answer her worth crap. No way in hell did she need to know what I was thinking about.

                Her head moved in front of mine, and her finger traced the outline of my lips. I tried to bite them, but before I could she moved them away.

                “It’s a who isn’t it? Shame. Really, it’s too bad that when I get done with you . . . your only thoughts will be me. Only . . . Angelica.” Angelica then kissed me, and I couldn’t do shit about it. What do you know? Humph. I knew she wanted me. I mean who wouldn’t? Shut the fuck up! I so did not enjoy it, but she was the second girl I had ever kissed. Erin was the first. We were stupid, okay?

As soon as she was done kissing me, I shouted, “Cuando salga de aquí te vas a morir! Y te juro que si haces daño a mis hijos de nuevo, te cotaré lal cabeza! Vas a pudrir en el infierno, bueno para skank nada!” My Spanish was pretty good, huh?

“Oh, my dear. I know Spanish. And, I don’t agree with anything you said. But, enough training for today. I have something else in mind.”

Ohmyfuckinggod! What else could she possibly want to do to me?

Angelica walked over to the table that held the needles; her heels clicking on the concrete floor. She picked up a syringe that was filled with a white liquid. Walking back towards me, she smiled. Oh, great. Just great. Okay, now was a good time for my powers to kick into action. Right . . . now! Ugh! Why didn’t it work?

She walked up the steps to me, but before she could inject whatever it was in me, I screamed, “Why do you want the werewolves dead so badly?”

Angelica frowned. “But, princess, I do not. It’s my mistress who does. Now don’t move or this will hurt.”

The needle on top of the syringe was stabbed into my stomach and I screamed. It’s not that it hurt; actually, it was more in shock than anything else. Pulling it out, once everything was in me, she grinned ear to ear.

I gasped. “What was that?”

“Tomorrow, princess, you will see.”