New at This

I saw Tanya walk into my room and shut the door behind her. But, I was too busy looking at myself to saw anything to her. Seth didn't seem to mind that I was . . . you know, like this. He didn't even act like he cared when Tanya entered the room.

   She came up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders. Her eyes looked at me in the mirror. Why weren't my eyes like hers? They were a golden color. Huh. I think that I was seriously going to be obsessed with eyes now.

   "The change knows who we are, and then makes us who we should be," she said.

   "My eyes . . . They're--"

   "Yes, the red will remain for a few months, and then turn an amber color. Our hunting ways are very much like the Cullen's. We only feed on the blood of animals. As you have already found out."

   Pulling away from Tanya, I looked from her to Seth. I got the eye part, but I didn't understand was the eye thing. How could they just want animals blood? I mean, I hadn't had it yet, but the scent was so appealing to me. So delicious. I don't think that I could just live off of animals blood. Human blood seemed so . . . yummy.

   It's how they live, Z. Seth said mentally to me. Turning towards Seth so that I could see his face, I said, "I know that, Seth. You don't understand, though. I need it so badly."

   Tanya made a noise like she understood, but didn't approve. She moved to the door, but before she walked out she said, "I am surprised to tell you that the human, Erin wishes to see you. But, after seeing how badly the blood is affecting you, I feel it's best to wait until you can either control your thirst, or until Jasper returns. . . I'll leave you now." Then she left the room. Leaving me alone with Seth.

   Walking towards my bed, I crawled into it and snuggled against Seth, laying back on the bed. It felt nice to feel the rise and fall of his oh so very warm chest. The sound of his steady breathing was comforting to me as I realized I wouldn't be able to breathe anymore. Or eat chocolate. Or never have anymore children. Sure, I already had three, but what if I wanted more someday? And, what about sex? Would I still be able to have sex, or no?

   "I know this must seem very confussing to you right now, but it'll get easier. I promise," he whispeared into my ear.

   "At least I have you to help me figure it all out."

   Seth kissed my hair and began to stroke it softly. "Yeah. Til' tomorrow, Z. Jake, Leah and I gotta go to Olympia. Damn vampire got away and we gotta catch it before it hits the city. We should be back in a couple days, though."

   Trying to keep calm and not blow up, I sat up and looked at Seth. Okay, so I didn't want him to go, but last time I tried to stop him from going somewhere, it didn't work out so great for me, did it?Besides, Seth could take care of himself. Like he said, this is what he did. He killed vampires. Um, but I was imprinted to him, so he wouldn't kill me.

   "Okay," I said. He looked at me confused, so I smiled. "i'm not going to stop you from doing what you have to do. And, hey, I have things to get done too. Still gotta kill that chick, you know."

   I mostly spent the rest of the day at my house, until Seth went to sleep. We layed in bed for awhile just talking and cuddling together, then I told him that I wanted to try something. Opening my window, I knelt on the ledge and jumped down. Ha, I landed right on my feet and giggled. Seth jumped down after me.

   I had always wondered what it would be like to be a vampire and be in the sun. And, I found out. My skin didn't light on fire, and I didn't melt. Instead, I found that my skin shimmered like it had millions of diamods on it. Sparkling like crazy, I lifted my arms up and turned them in the sun. I could so get used to this.