Almost There

My house was filled up with people and my heart was racing. Well, if it could it would have been. September seventh, man. Ohmygod, dude, today was my freaking wedding day. Everyone was here and I wasn't sure that I could walk out in front of everyone and say I do. I was nervous, like, big time, because today was also my crowning day. So, I would be a for real queen.

   Maryse, Alice, Rosalie, Tanya and Carmen were helping me get ready in my bathroom; they all had to take turns because it wasn't that big. They all each had a specific thing that were supposed to be doing, revolving around me. Duh, it was my wedding day.

   Alice was on dress duty, and I'm glad that she was. The dress that she had picked out was strapless and I loved it. The part that covered my breasts went down to my waist and was sequined and shimmery . . . From my waist down everything was covered with a white flowy material that was fluffy. Fluffy as in, it didn't just droop down; it poufed out. Dude, I love Alice so mucho!

   Tanya was in charge of my heels, and she did a great job. The shoes she had picked out for me were white heels, and they had a ribbon that wound its way up to my knees. Diamonds shimmered on the shoes, and I knew they were real. While Tanya was slipping on my heels, Carmen started on my makeup. It wasn't too bold, but it was still noticable.

   After all of that was done and over with, Rosalie started on my hair. She curled it, and when that was done, she twisted ans wound my hair until it was in a huge, perfect, and curly bun atop my head. And, after Rose was done, my mom placed my tiara on top of my head. I really did look like a queen . . .

   I stood up and turned towards everyone with an unsure look on my face. All of their faces looked stunned and proud, and of course happy. Hell, I should look happy too, because I was. But, I'm pretty sure that I didn't show it.

   Sighing, Alice said, "Rose and I are going to go and finish getting the triplets ready. We'll see you out there. Good luck, little sister." She grabbed Rosalie's hand and led her out of my bathroom. Carmen and Tanya followed them.

   Maryse came to hug me, while not messing up anything. I loved her so much, and I was glad that she was here to help me through all of this. "Thank you," I whispered at her through invisible tears.

   "You're welcome, daughter. But, before you go out there, we have to finish the wedding traditions." I rose my eyebrows up at her, wondering what she meant. But, then I figured it out. "Something borrowed." The items in her left hand were earrings. Diamond earrings. "My mother gave these to me on my wedding day . . . They've been in our family for centuries. I want you to wear them today as a symbol of continuing out family line.

   "And, something blue . . . " Maryse held up a saphire braclet and I opened my mouth in shock. She placed it on my right wrist and handed me my boquot of flowers. "It seems like only yesterday you were born, and know . . . you've become a beatiful young girl. Mira . . . You're getting married."

   "Mom," I said kissing her cheek. "Don't ruin your makeup."

   "She smoothed her dress and patted her face. "You're right. It's your day. I'll meet you at the reception. I love you oh so much, daughter."

   As Maryse left, I leaned against the counter to try and get myself under control. No matter how many times I said it over in my head, I didn't believe it. I was getting married to Seth. We would be together forever. Not only just in our minds and hearts, but actually married.

   Standing up, I tryed to perfect myself, and practiced my smiles in the mirror. Giving up on everyting, I walked out into the hallway. When I walked down the stairs, the wedding would start. I could already hear people talking, and the soft music playing was loud to my ears.

   I spotted Rosalie, Erin and Leah standing by the stairs so I walked over to them smiling. They were all my bridesmaids, and they just looked so dang adorable. Each one of them was holding a triplet, because I wanted to involve them in my wedding as well. Rose held Sybiina; Erin was holding Jaace; and Leah held Maxx not looking that happy. That would probably be because had forced her to wear the dress. It was a wedding, hello!

   "Mocha, you look great. Ah, shit! I still can't believe you're getting married."

   "Shush," Rosalie hissed turning towards the stairs. "Count to ten and follow me Erin. You too, mutt."

   "Blondie, you really don't want to--"

   "Guys! Not today, okay. Try to get along for at least a few hours."

   Rose rolled her eyes and started down the stairs as the music changed with Sybiina in her arms. "Focus on Seth, Zoie," she whispered to me halfway down the stairs, but I could still hear her. Vamp hearing, remember.

  With one last smile at me, Erin headed down the stairs. One more and then it would be my turn.

   Leah looked at me and glared. "If you wern't already dead, I would kill you for the dress. I'm not gonna stop til' I get back at you. Ever."

   Oh, Leah. "You're going to be trying for a long, long, long time then."

   Leah rolled her eyes and then headed down the stairs. Okay, I could do this. After counting to ten in my head, I held the bouquet of flowers close to me , and took my first step onto the stairs and to becoming Zoie Clearwater.