Bubble Time

Seth dropped me of at my house at like seven o'clock in the morning. We'd stayed out at the fairy tale place for, like, ever and I wasn't ever tired. I was too happy and excited to be tired right now. Wouldn't you be if the man you loved more than your shoes proposed to you?

   So, as soon as he'd dropped me off, I practically ran inside to find my mom and dad. They couldn't be mad at me because Camron already knew. Both of my parents were in the family room, they were talking and laughing as I went up to them smiling.

   Pictures hung on the walls of my mother in her crown and best dress. And of Camron looking leadershipful in his crown too. On the wall next to the bookcase was a picture of us together, in Spain. When I was just one year old.

   Smiles came my way when they saw me. No sign of anger showed up on their faces. Did they already know it was going to happen last night?

   "Good-morning, daughter. I take it you had a good night?" Asked Maryse.

   "Mom, ohmygosh! Seth proposed to me!"

   "We know. He told us. And it's prophecy, Zoie."

   I went to hug my dad and said, "And thank-you, Daddy."

   "As long as you're happy . . . you're welcome, sweetheart."

   I pulled away and yelled, "Ohmygod! I gotta tell Erin," as I ran up the stairs to my room. This was going to be a crazy day. But, hey, at least my parents were cool with everything.

   Racing into my room with my heart beating fast, I started searching for my purse. That was the last place I remembered putting my phone. Under my bed was empty, the floor was empty, and so was the desk, so that meant my purse had to be in my favoritist place ever. The closet!

   Thankfully, the purse was in plain sight; or I wouldn't have been able to find it. A little too excitedly, I grabbed my purse and took my iphone out. It was literally shaking in my hands. I dialed Erin's number and waited for the girl to answer her gosh dang phone. She didn't answer so my first thought was that something was wrong. But, then I realized she might just be with Embry. I dialed Embry's number next. He picked up on the second ring.

   "Hello?"

   "Hey, this is Zoie. Is Erin there?"

   "Yeah, hold on a sec." His voice sounded very unsure as he spoke to me. In the background I could hear arguing between Erin and Embry. Nilla was saying that she didn't want to talk to me . . .

   I think she finally gave in, cause she said, "Hello?"

   Why didn't she want to talk to me? "Are you okay, Nilla?"

   Her voice came out too fast. "I'm great. What's up?"

   I layed down on the soft carpet and sighed. I knew she was lying to me. Hell, I wasn't stupid. Playing with some of the heels around me, I thought about what might be wrong with my best friend.

   "Nilla, you will not believe what just happened to me. Seth asked me to marry him and I said yes! Can you believe it? I'm going to be Zoie Clearwater soon! Isn't that great?"

   "Yeah, totally. That's awesome. I'm happy for you, Mocha."

   "Aw . . . Thank you."

   "When are you going to tell Tanner? Ugh, ex-boyfriend drama coming up."

   "I don't know I--" Then, I heard Erin whimper and Embry apologizing. "Is everything alright, Nilla?"

   "Um . . . yeah. I gotta go, Zoie. Bye." Then she hung up.