He Actually Did It

I opened my eyes and was surprised to find myself back in my bad at home. Uhm . . .I didn't remember going home. And I sure as hell didn't remember crawling into bed. Didn't remember Seth getting into bed with we either, but, you know, he was somehow there.

   It was dark in my room; only the little slivers of moonlight coming through the window lit up the place. Sitting up slowly, I realized I was dressed in my more inappropriate pajamas. Seth. Poo on him, cause I didn't want to get out va va voomation on right tonight. (you know, I still didn't know if it hurt the babies to have sex).

   Speaking of Seth, I looked down to see if he was asleep or not. I gasp escaped my mouth because I thought Seth would be aslep. And he totally wasn't! His eyes were wide open and he was looking at me with a strange expression on his face.

   He sat up and pulled me to him when I gasped. Then Seth kissed my forehead and said, "I'm sorry, Zoie. I didn't mean to scare you."

   I shook my head. "No. You didn't scare me. I just . . ." I pulled the blanket closer to me and closed my eyes. Even though it wasn't chilly, I still felt cold inside. Seth's hand turned my face so that I was forced to look at him. He had questions in his eyes but I didn't have any of the answers.

   I'm scared, Seth.

   "Zoie, I promise you that nobody will touch you."

   "No. That's not it. You don't get it." Getting up out of bed, I left Seth to stand in front of the mirror wall. "Everybody is counting on me to make things right.  To be their queen and not mess up. People we know and love could possibly die if I don't do what everyone expects me to. What if our babies don't . . . I know that I can be a real bitch sometimes and act like nothing can bother me. But, Seth, what if I mess up?"

  Opening my eyes, I looked at my reflection. Zoie Niccolette looked like a complete stranger. I knew her; I was her. But, I didn't feel like her. She was supposed to be beautiful, hardheaded, brave, and a queen.

   You are.

   Coming up behind me, Seth kissed my neck. His touch was comforting and it felt good to have him touch me like that. "Guess what, Z? I love you times infinity. Hell, I love you even more than I love Emily's cooking-- and that's saying something. Damn, the girl can cook."

   Haha, I laughed at him, then turned around to hug him. Okay, have you ever gotten your ears peirecd? You know the feeling you get when it happens? You're not hurt, but you're in shock . . . Well, that's what just happened to me. One of the triplets kicked my tummy. Bet it was the girl; she was gonna turn out to be just like me. Very demanding.

   Smiling, I pulled away from Seth and went into my closet to change. I didn't care what time it was, I wanted to go out. My hello kitty fuzzy shorts went on first, then a tank top covered by a pink aeropostale jacket. Then fuzzy and soft as fuck slippers. Seth looked pretty disappointed that I changed out of my lingerie.

   "Don't look at me like that," I said. "We're going out. Cause I really don't want to be home right now. Camron and Maryuse can freak out on me tomorrow."

   "Now, there's the Zoie I know," he said smiling.

   Sneaking out was way fun because Seth kept tripping over nothing and kept falling down. Now, I knew he was just joking around because werewolves could see perfectly in the dark. When either my mom or dad woke up because of Seth's stupidness, we booked it out the front door and ran into the forest.

   All of the trees around me made me feel . . . tight. They were all too close to me, and I didn't like it. If Seth wasn't with me I would have been scared shitless. But, he was with me, and he was my big soft and fluffy teddy bear. Haha, to him.