Little Pete

Author's note: 2 chapters in one hour! :) Really chuffed actually, aha. Book's almost coming to an end. Thanks for you endless support. I hope you enjoy this chapter with little Pete. Did you enjoy the last chapter, which I found really cute? Anyway...enjoy :) xxxx _lovingfanfics_

Draco's pov:

"Hey Pete! How are you doing?" I asked him. It was a very awkward moment indeed. 

"Sir? Are you okay?" Little Pete questioned, looking confused.

"Very fine Pete. Peter? Pet? Petemeister? LP? What do they call you nowadays?" I think that I was coming across rather too friendly. Maybe to the point where I was traumatising him. I thought that my bossy scary self was traumatising, but apparently this was even more so.

"Pete's fine, sir."

That's when I remembered that I used to make him call me sir. I remember telling him that my family was still better than his, even though he was rich. It reminded me of how horrible I use to be.

"Please don't call me 'sir'."

"Are you sure?"

"yes"

"What shall I call you then, si-"I cleared my throat reminding him to never call me sir again. "Sorry. What shall I call you?"

"Draco will do fine, thank you."

"I'm sorry, but somehow, I would feel more comfortable if I just called you Malfoy."

"Fine Pete. Whatever makes you comfortable."

"So Malfoy, why was it you called me here?"

"Pete, this is a very serious matter. All I want to ask of you is your recollection of what occurred when you passed the classroom where Hermione and Pansy were found unconscious in."

"Sorry to ask, but why must you know this?"

I instantly searched for reasons. I didn't want him knowing that I was gaining information for Hermione. Just incase he told anybody in Slytherin, making them instantly assume that we were now together. I mean they wouldn't be wrong, of course, but we were both not ready for anyone to know. "It's for intel information....um...head boy issues....priorities. yep... that's it. It's priorities."

"Very well. So I was on my way to the library when I heard sobbing."

"Sobbing?"

"Yes, sobbing. If I can remember, it came from miss Parkinson. Confused, I came closer where there was an opening in the door. I just managed to configure what was happening in that room. Even more intrigued, I just watched. If I'm not mistaken, miss Granger  and miss Parkinson were hugging. I think that miss Granger was reassuring miss Parkinson with something."

"Wait a minute. You're trying to tell me that Hermione and Pansy hugged? Pansy was the one crying? And Hermione was reassuring her?"

"Indeed. Then they both drank butter beer. I think as a peace treaty of some sort."

"Interesting. Carry on."

"Then this bit is still blurry to me, but you promise not to tell anyone."

"Well... I can't promise anything. This is part of head regulations and so I will be telling members of the head committee. For research and further improvement of the school. Also, Slytherin will be earning points for the information you give me." Technically, I wasn't lying, right? Hermione was part of the "head committee". 

"Ooh! The Slytherins will be proud! So miss Granger fell to the ground and was practically choking. Haha. Funny, right? Then I'm not sure because I felt dazy but I think miss Parkinson started reading out a spell. This is the funny part; you see she was saying it in sections as if she was repeating it after someone. Then the next parts I don't remember I'm afraid."

"That's more than enough. Thank you very much Pete. 5 points to Slytherin!" I announced in a high-spirited tone. "You mustn't tell anyone what you just told me."

"Absolutely."