Chapter Six

Andrea Wüfsbane sat wearing nothing more than a smile. A woman on a chain was lapping at her cunt. And that was when I decided I had walked into some sort of weird ass place.

“Miss Purrowells to see you, Mistress.” The man announced.

“Very good, Steven. Now return to your chores.” Her voice was like honey, I briefly wondered if she tasted the same- my eyes trailing back to the woman.

“Eh, afternoon, Miss Wüfsbane.” I said as I watched Steven spit onto his hand and then rub it up his cock and then began to fuck the woman lapping at Andrea, my head tilted to the side.

“Is it afternoon already? Oh, damn. Sarah, you and Steven go play, I've things to take care of now.” Andrea said as she pulled herself up from the pillows she had been lounging on and slipped into a robe.

“Yeah, it's two.” I figured it was best not to comment on what I had just been forced into, like some twisted version of the Twilight Zone. Is this what the rich do when we aren't looking?

“Hmm, well I suppose what I need to get done can wait a little longer. What can I help you with?” She took what appeared to be a baby wipe and wiped her face gently.

“I'm here investigating the murders taking place in the San Fernando Valley.” I cleared my throat, my face felt very flushed and I understood why that poor guard had felt so embarrassed.

“Those are terrible happenings. But I don't see how I can help you.” Andrea sat on a stool, her leg hanging out bare up to her thigh as she lit a cigarette.

“Well, actually, I believe you can be of great assistance. I've already talked to Master Andrew, so you understand that your pack is not the only ones under investigation. I'm just looking for information to help catch the killer or killers.” I told her.

“Ah, you've spoken with the vampire. It has been too long since I've seen the eye candy that is Master Andrew,” her laughter was what you'd expect from a fairy, “the wolves aren't responsible for these vicious attacks.”

“I never said that they were. I'm merely looking for information that will help stop more murders from happening. Anything can helpful, Miss Wüfsbane.” I smiled at her even though I was beginning to feel annoyed.

“Look, Kat, it is Kat, right? We are a people that does not go out on wild rampages and kill people. I don't know, nor do I really care about what you think you know about werewolves. We are not the creatures from myths or fairytales. My pack has had nothing to do with killing anyone. If anyone falls out of line then they are delivered to me. We handle our issues in house, as it were.” Her face shut down as she snuffed out her smoke.

“I know quite a lot about werewolves, I've even dated one in Georgia. Please do not talk down to me, I don't like it.” I felt the air charge around me- something that comes with the territory of being born a witch- another reason why I don't fit in well with “normal” people.

“I think it's time you left, Miss Purrowells.” I watched her skin shimmer with the change.

“Thank you for your time. If you think of anything else, please call me. I don't want the rest of the team to come in guns blazing and have no understanding of your people and try and pin this on you along with having people die.” I placed my card on the little table and happily left the strange house, seriously hoping I'd never have to return.