Part 6: Riley

7 weeks have now passed since Maya's disappearance.

I've been suspended. For the first time in my whole life.
After what I did in class, my dad is not surprised. But my mom is. When she heard the news, she broke down. She couldn't believe what was happening to me. Then she found out about what my dad had been saying about Maya, and she realized that that was what causes me to be like this. She hasn't spoken to my dad since then. My dad hasn't been returning home. We have no idea where he goes.
My brother doesn't really understand what's happening. All my mom told him was that dad was on a business trip in China or something.
Smackle trusts that I know what I'm doing, and we have a plan for her to cover for me while I'm gone.
I sit in my bay window. I try to sing, but I can't. Instead, I cry.
I really am turning into Maya. Just a bit left, and I'll become her.
I turn back to my thoughts.
One week. Nothing to do. The perfect time to look for Maya.
I stand up. I walk to my closet and prepare my things.
First off, my duffel bag. I look around the room. Nowhere in sight.
It must be the one with Maya.
Since I don't see it anywhere, I just get my other backpack that I haven't used in a while. It was my grade 6 backpack. I almost smile at the memory. Almost.
I pack some shirts, a pair of jeans, other essentials.
I fill up my tumbler with water, and pack in some snacks.
I grab my phone. I don't need to worry about being tracked. Plus, I'll need it to message Smackle and to talk to mom if needed. I turn off location services though, just in case.
I text my mom a short message. I'll only be gone a few days, the whole week at most.
At most, because I just know that I'll find Maya this week.
I turn back to the window and step out.
Once I'm outside, for some reason, I look back.
I see my mom talking with some customers in her bakery.
I start to think about saying goodbye first.
I turn away. If I say goodbye, I'm never leaving.
To stop any other temptations, I start to run.

Heyyy! I'm back after a long time. In one week, it will be my semester all break, meaning, more time to publish new parts! If you are one of the readers who have even read the whole book and waited so so so so so freaking long for the next few parts, thank you for being so patient.
Thanks for reading! Keep voting and sharing!
Btw, have you checked out my other book?
It's called Girl Meets a Different World.
Guess what...IT HAS REACHED 100 VOTES and 1.63 k READS!
Thank you so much!
If you haven't read it, please try to check it out.
TYSM 💕