Chapter 36

There's a lot of changes with POV in this chapter, just make sure you're keeping up with whose POV it is!

Bri's POV

After I checked my bags, Daisy and Matt said their last goodbye and left since they couldn't get passed the gate without a boarding pass.

I was walking aimlessly around the food court, I knew I should've eaten something, but I wasn't hungry. All I could think about was the fact that they all left and didn't come back in time to say goodbye. Maybe they figured it would make it easier for me to be left with the final memory of last night, but they were wrong. All I could remember at the moment was the pain and betrayal I felt when I had realized they left me high and dry.

My mother kept calling and texting me, but I didn't answer anything. I'm extremely upset with her, and I probably never will forgive her for this, ever. I planned to put my headphones in my ears on full blast the entire flight home, since I was not dealing with her.

If she thought bringing me back home would help me focus on school, she was surely mistaken. It's not even like my grades were dropping or I was failing, I was doing perfectly fine.

I decided to find an open table and sit down. I took a deep breath and looked around, drifting off into my own thoughts.

Luke's POV

Kristina dropped me off at the door before she parked, knowing every second counted, and the clock was ticking. I ran through the airport and when I got to the security check, I hit a line. It wasn't too bad, maybe ten people in front of me, but I was running out of time. I thought about it for a moment, and decided to run and jump past the security, heading straight for the food court. I know Bri more than anyone, and I knew that's exactly where she would be.

I heard security frantically yelling behind me, calling in back up, but I just ran faster. I had to get to Bri if it was the last thing I did.

Bri's POV

A huge commotion coming from the main entrance of the airport woke me from my daydream. I panicked, afraid someone had passed the security and was killing people.

I stood up and grabbed everything I had with me and hurried toward the waiting area for my flight.

"Bri!" I heard someone yell desperately. I turned around quickly, making my hair fly around my neck in the process.

That's when I saw him; Luke. He was sweating, out of breath, and sprinting with tons of security chasing after him. I knew he wasn't going to last much longer, so I dropped everything and ran to him. I know it sounds cliché, but it felt as if everything was in slow motion.

The second we were in reaching distance, he pulled me into his arms and I pulled him into mine.

Luke's POV

Relief flooded through me as I felt the warmth of her skin on mine. Of course, our moment didn't last too long as the security caught up to me and pulled me away.

"You're under arrest," one of them said, forcing both my arms behind my back.

"For what? I didn't do anything," I fought. I really hadn't.

"Please, just give me a minute with him, I'm begging you," Bri begged, a tear falling from her cheek. I wanted more than anything to wipe it away with the pad of my thumb, but I was restricted.

I guess they could tell by her accent that she would be leaving me for a long, long time, if not forever. They released me, but didn't walk away.

"Why did you all leave me this morning? She asked. The pain was clear in her voice.

"We mixed up your flight time and we thought we would be back in time," I answered, still out of breath.

"Oh." was all she said.

"I love you," I said before smashing my lips onto hers. Not caring who was watching, which was almost everybody after the scene I had made, we deepened the kiss, our lips moving in sync.

She pulled away after a while, both of us out of breath, smiling like children on Christmas morning.

"I love you too," she confessed.

"You know what they say," a voice behind her said. We both looked behind her to find her mother. "Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding halls."

I wrapped my arms around Bri's waist from behind, easily resting my chin on top of her head. I loved that she was short.

"Are you saying I can stay?" Bri asked, hope present in her voice.

"It's really against our rules, and you know how I feel about breaking rules," she said. "But," she continued, "Even your father never looked at me like that. I have never seen a kiss like that, I've never experienced a love like you two share. I don't understand how something so special could have been created in a mere four months, but I see why you are together, and who am I to break up true love? I know that bringing you home would only make you resent me, and you would definitely not focus on school..."

"So she can stay?" I asked.

"I suppose so," she answered, smiling for the first time since I had met her.

Bri spun around in my arms and I kissed her.

"This feels so surreal, as if we are in a movie," she said.

"It's perfect, just like you," I said, kissing her forehead.

Sorry is this is too cliche for you guys, but i decided i didn't want her to leave, and i wanted you guys to see that her mom was just bitter because her husband and her son left her and she was just trying to keep the only person left in her life, aka Bri. I hope you all know it's pronounced Bree not Bri like Brian. It doesnt really matter though i guess.

Thanks for everyone who has been voting and commenting!

Vote and comment :) ily all thanks so much for everything :)

BTW I get really happy when i see people voting for old old chapters because it's cool to see that I'm gaining more and more readers everyday and i jut love you all so much :) Thank you!