Chapter 11

Luke’s POV

I walked past her and sat down in the chair that was across the room from her bed and waited for her to sit down as well.

“Don’t start off with ‘it’s not what it looked like’,” she crossed her arms.

“Well let me start off by saying she’s not just some random slut I met, she’s an ex-girlfriend of mine from high school, Aleisha,” I started.

“Of course,” she rolled her eyes.

“She was my first love and obviously she’ll always be a memory of mine, but she’s nothing but the past. She broke my heart in the least sensitive way possible, and I was a lamb to the slaughter. I thought everything was perfectly fine, so she really caught me off guard.”

“Can we get to a point?” she questioned.

“I’m trying,” I retorted. “Anyway, she came back to try and restart what we had, but I’ve moved on. You’re the girl I want. I was heartbroken for a long time, refused to date anyone after what had happened, but when I met you, all that hatred towards love and bitterness I had dissolved. You’re all I can think about and I don’t really know what’s happening, but all I know is that I can’t lose you already,” I pleaded.

She stood up, walked over to me, and kissed me.

“Listen, thank you for clearing it up, but-” she started but I cut her off.

“No, no ‘buts’. I want you and only you, please know that,” the desperateness clear in my voice.

“We haven’t even known each other that long…” she faded out.

“I know, but we’ve gone on a few dates already and we’ve spent a lot of time together these past few weeks between the parties and projects,” I fought.

“I guess, I’m just not really sure now, I mean if what you said is true then I’ll let it go,” she said.

“I swear on my life,” I responded.

She smiled and held out her pinky finger to me. I linked mine with hers and shook gently.

She laughed and threw her head back, making her hair fall loosely around her face when she returned upright.

“You’re so beautiful,” I whispered as I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

“You’re not too bad yourself Lucas,” she giggled as her cheeks turned a light crimson color.

Bri’s POV

I don’t know what made me change my mind about forgiving him, maybe it was the sincerity in his voice, or the sorrow and worry in his eyes. Either way, I could tell he was telling the truth. However, my guard is up from now on. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

After we made up, we decided to just hangout for the night, but it was cut short when Ashton called and asked for help with Michael.

Apparently, he got high and dyed his hair blue because he thought he was a smurf? I worry about that boy sometimes.

When Luke sent me a picture of him, it surprisingly looked good. I really didn’t think anyone would be able to pull off bright blue hair, even though Kristina had told me that back in high school, Michael would always dye his hair crazy colors and somehow he never looked bad or ridiculous.

After I ate dinner in the lounge, I went on Skype to call my mom, since she was probably waking up soon. I think the hardest part about being in Australia while he’s back in the US is the time zones. Whenever I’m awake, she’s sleeping, and vice versa.

Today I’m going back to one of the restaurants I applied to. They had asked me to come back so hopefully I got the job because I’m really running low on money. Obviously being a waitress is not my ideal job right now, but I don’t have any experience to do anything else. Once I save up enough money, I’m going to get a car as well. Everything is in walking distance, but it’s a hassle none the less.

I grabbed everything I needed for the shower, including clothes to change into after, and headed down the hall to start getting ready.

Once I was dressed, I went back into my room with a towel still wrapped tightly around my wet hair. I decided to blow dry it and put it in a sock bun; easy, but still professional.

*

I got the job. The manager told me everything I needed to know, gave me a uniform, and my work schedule for the month, starting in two days, which would be Wednesday. I’m a little nervous because he had told me I need to speak slowly and as clearly as possible because some people may have a hard time understanding my ‘foreign accent’.

Either way, I’m just happy because they pay really well here and I can finally be able to treat myself every once in a while.

When I got back to the room, Kristina was finally back, so I decided to share the news with her.

“Guess what?” I asked excitedly.

“You and Luke are back together?” she said, mocking my tone.

“Well yes, but not what I’m talking about,” I said with a giggle.

“Well then tell me already!” she yelled playfully.

“I got a job,” I squealed.

“Congradulations Bri! Let’s go out to dinner tonight to celebrate,” she suggested.

“Well it’s only a job as a waitress, but I’m always in the good to go out,” I shrugged, smiling.

She laughed, “Alright well I’ll call everyone and just ask if they want to come,” she said before stepping out of the room with her phone.

I waited patiently for her to finish the calls and come back in the room.

“Everyone can come except Michael, he has plans already. Strange since we’re pretty much his only friends,” she informed me as she came back in.

“Maybe he has a date tonight,” I inquired.

She shrugged and sat down on her bed lazily.

“So want to tell me what happened with Luke?” she smirked.

I sighed in defeat before filling her in on the details.

Things are about to get intense, so please vote and comment! i really want feedback and to know that i actually have people reading :)