Chapter 4

"Spit it out already," I yelled, growing more and more impatient by the second.

"Will you relax?" she slurred. "I will only tell you if you stop yelling at me."

"Fine," I plastered the fakest smile on my face and sat down on the bed next to her.

Just as she was about to tell me, she passed out, her head falling right into my lap causing her drink to spill all over my legs and onto the wood floor.

I quickly took the drink from her hand and set it on the nightstand and found the bathroom to get paper towels to clean up the puddle on the floor.

"What happened?" Michael asked as he walked into the room.

"She passed out and spilt her drink everywhere," I explained. I threw the used paper towels in the garbage and took off my shoes that were now soaked with beer.

"Need some help?" he offered.

"Um, I think I can handle the mess, but if you wouldn't mind carrying her down to the car that'd be great," I smiled thankfully.

"Of course," he laughed before picking her up bridal style and carried her down the stairs with ease.

Seeing it was way past midnight, I decided it was time to leave. I thanked Sydney before I left and went down to the car with my shoes in hand.

"I'm just going to find Calum and we can leave," Michael said as I past him in the lobby.

"Alright, I'll wait in the car with Kristina," I nodded, continuing to walk in the opposite direction.

It only took a few minutes for Michael to come back down with Calum. Lucky for me, Michael was responsible enough to not drink since he was driving home, whereas Calum was shitfaced.

The ride was silent the entire way home, but it was a good silence. Michael carried Kristina up to our room for me and then we exchanged numbers before he left with Calum.

*

I woke up on my own today, probably because Kristina was too hung over to get out of bed. I quietly got out of bed and changed out my clothes from last night. I must have been so tired last night I fell asleep before changing. I left the room to go take a shower.

When I came back, Kristina was still asleep, and I didn't want to disturb her, so I put in my headphones and finished up the rest of my homework from yesterday.

I never listen to the music that's on my iPhone, I just use 8tracks, which in all honesty, is greater than life. Somehow, it knows all my favorite songs and it just always plays song relevant to my mood. Love Is Easy by McFly started playing and I couldn't help but mumble along to it.

I went through about four playlists before Kristina woke up and hit me with a pillow, knocking my headphones right out of my ears.

"Hey," I pouted. "What was that for?"

"I'm not a heavy sleeper, I tried ignoring it, but once Collide by Howie Day came on, you got way too loud," she complained.

"Woops, sorry," I said and laughed.

"Did you have fun last night?" she groaned as she sat up. She put a hand on her forehead and I could tell she was trying to hide her hangover.

"Yeah, but you started telling me something you weren't supposed to, but you passed out before you could finish," I filled her in.

"What was it?" she asked scared.

"You said you knew that someone liked me, and you were about to tell me who it was, but you passed out," I smiled.

"Sorry about that... I just wanted to start the year off with a bang," she shrugged.

"It's fine," I said. "Do you remember anything?"

"Nope," she admitted.

"Well Sydney and Ashton were full on making out."

"Fuck yeah," she cheered.

"I'm guessing you've been on team Ashton rather than team Dylan?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Well duh," she stated as if it was obvious. "Dylan is known to cheat and yet Sydney still wasted her time with him. She's one of my best friends and so is Ashton. I can tell he genuinely cares about her."

"Do you think it was just a one-time thing or...?"

"I hope not," she answered.

*

I was left alone to do absolutely nothing all day. Kristina left to study with Luke a few hours ago. I don't know how you could concentrate with Luke around; his eyes are the prettiest shade of blue I have ever seen in my life. I could stare at them for hours and never get bored.

When she got back, she told me that since Michael's birthday was tomorrow, we were all going out to dinner. 'All' being Kristina, Michael, Sydney, Asthon, Calum, Luke, and me.

She put on skinny jeans and a hoodie so I took it as we weren't going anywhere too fancy, so I wore skinny jeans and a band tee.

I was debating in whether or not to ask her about what she said last night. Yes, apparently somebody liked me, but this wasn't high school where we gossip about stupid little things. If he wanted me to know, he'd tell himself. Plus, I didn't really like any of the boys I've spoken to yet. Don't get me wrong, they're all easy on the eyes, especially Luke, but we barely know each other.

By the time we got there, everyone was seated except for Calum and Michael. Calum told Michael that they were coming here, just the two of them, for a guy's night out.

On one side of the table were Ashton, Sydney, an open seat, and then Luke. Then across from them were all empty seats. Kristina sat across from Sydney, and signaled for me to sit next to her, which happened to be across from Luke.

There was a tiny bit of awkward silence between Luke and I before I spoke up. "How come you've been ignoring me in class?"

"I don't know," he started, "I guess I was just nervous."

"About what? You were perfectly fine talking to me in mine and Kristina's room and then at the party," I stated.

"I don't really know Bri, it's just-," he was cut off by everyone at the table yelling surprise. Perfect timing, note my sarcasm.

Luke and I didn't say another word to each other for the rest of the night, but we kept stealing glances at each other. No one seemed to notice except I think Kristina caught on towards the end of the night.