Chapter 24

Bri’s POV

Matt turned to me with a look of sympathy.

“Please don’t,” I begged him quietly. Everyone here knew that Luke would probably end up dead if Matt were to touch him. I don’t know why Luke would even punch him in the first place; he’s almost double his size.

“I’ll be in the car, I’ll give you twenty minutes, and then I’m leaving,” he told me before pushing past all the people who had stopped dancing to watch the scene that was unfolding.

Once Matt was gone, I looked over at Luke. He was still fuming and his fist was now swollen and a few of his knuckles were bleeding.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I spat.

“Why would you come here with him?” he said with gritted teeth.

“Because we are over and I can do whatever I want,” I crossed my arms.

“No we aren’t,” he fought.

“Yes we are, I’m not going to be with you while you fuck Aleisha when I’m not around,” I yelled.

“I didn’t fuck Aleisha,” he yelled back.

“Yeah, like I’m supposed to believe that,” I rolled my eyes and decided it wasn’t worth the fight. I began to walk towards the door and get in the car with Matt.

“Bri, he’s telling you the truth,” Michael ran after me.

“How would you know?” I asked.

“If he was playing you, he wouldn’t have come over hysterical crying at four in the morning,” he explained. “Aleisha is extremely stubborn; she won’t stop until she gets what she wants. You have to believe him.”

“Bri, I’ve known Luke my entire life, this is not something he would do. I’m telling you he is one hundred percent over her, and one hundred percent all over you,” Kristina added, catching up with me as well.

“I don’t know guys, this isn’t the first time that-”

“Bri, Luke is not lying to you,” Michael interrupted me.

I think I’m starting to believe them. I know they are his friends and obviously they’re going to help him get a girl, but Kristina is my friend too, and I doubt she would put me through this if he really did it, and if what Michael said is true, about Luke crying to him at four in the morning, I do believe them.

I took a deep breath. “I believe you,” I finally said.

“Really?” Kristina looked shocked.

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean that none of this ever happened,” I waved my arms in the air, referring to the events that happened only moments ago.

“Are you going back to him?” Michael said.

“I don’t know,” I admitted, rubbing my temples. “What I do know is that I need to leave, with Matt.”

“But I thought you said you believed us,” Michael looked confused.

“I do, but I don’t know how to feel about him throwing punches at my date tonight, I came here with him to get my mind off things, and he made everything worse, I need to check on him, and I will talk to you guys later,” I finally decided.

I left the club quickly, searching for Matt’s car in the parking lot.

“I can tell you still love him,” Matt said, pulling his car up to where I was standing.

“What?” I asked. Do I love him? We’ve only been dating for such a short amount of time; I don’t think that’s even possible.

“Look, you may not know it yourself, but you’re whole mood changed once we saw him, and when he hit me, I saw you look for him first, not me. I understand and I’m not hurt, don’t worry about me,” he said.

Before I could respond, let alone process what he had said to me, he drove off, leaving me outside on the curb alone.

I couldn’t hold it in anymore, so I sat down and cried.

“Are you okay?” Luke sat down next to me and placed his hand on my back.

I shook my head, “Not really.”

“Bri, I’m really sorry, I don’t know what came over me, but seeing you with him was unbearable,” he apologized.

I picked my head up from my lap to look at him. I saw the concern in his eyes.

“I just don’t know what to do.”

“Give me a second chance, to prove to you that-”

“You have nothing to prove to me, I know you didn’t do it,” I assured him. “And it would be you’re third chance, which I never give anyone. Why give someone a third chance when there is someone dying for me to give them their first?”

“I guess you’re right,” he looked down at the ground and started playing with a rock with his foot.

“But, I also never felt this way about someone before. I think we should take things a little slower, I just need a little time to process this.”

He looked up at me with a big, goofy smile from ear to ear. “Really?”

I nodded and he immediately pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

Luke’s POV

When she said she’d give me another chance, I couldn’t hide my happiness. This time, I will make sure Bri knows that Aleisha is no threat or worry.

I also need to figure out a way to stop her because obviously she’s not giving up without a fight.

I finally released her from my tight embrace and stood up, giving her a hand to help her get on her feet as well.

“Do you need a ride home?” I asked, knowing what the answer was.

“Yeah,” she sniffled, wiping the smudged eyeliner off of her face.

I remained holding her hand as I walked her to my car, thankful that I had taken a separate car from Kristina and Michael. I still can’t believe that I walked in on them making out.

Vote and Comment please :)

Thank you to everyone who is reading, it means a lot to me !