Chapter 34

Ariana's POV

"So, Miss Ariana Grande, according to you, you really want to divorce with Mr Justin Bieber, don't you?", a lanky man with a tidy uniform on questioned me with a serious tone.

I bit my lips and showed him a light nod as a yes. I tried to bend my head downwards as much as possible as I was so afraid to look into Justin, my mom and his parents' eyes who were sitting around me currently.

Pattie interrupted me by whispering softly to me "Ariana, are you really sure about this? I mean we can still discuss about this. I really hope that you...".

I cut her off by showing her a polite smile "Thank you, Miss Pattie. I am sorry and I've already made up my mind.".

Justin's lawyer turned the similar conversation back on Justin by asking him "So, Mr Justin Bieber, do you really agree with Miss Ariana Grande to divorce with her?".

After he finished his lines, I elevated my head a little to look at Justin who's currently looking at me as well with a emotionless look.

Literally everyone was eyeing on him and the atmosphere was so awkward and scary.

He shut his eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breathe, he replied shortly "Yes, I agree.".

The lawyer took out a documentary and questioned to me "Miss Ariana, do you have any request or any condition to Mr Bieber in order to sign the divorce paper?".

I shook my head and replied without hesitation "No, I don't want his money, I don't want anything from him. I just want him to set me free.".

He nodded and handed a divorce paper to me "Here, this is your divorce paper. Just fill up your information and sign your signature below here.".

I took the paper from him and did as he told. I signed my name and filled up my information, I handed him the paper politely.

Suddenly, he stopped me by interrupting me politely "Wait, Miss Ariana, I am sorry, your signature is invalid. You can't divorce with Mr Bieber yet.".

I widened my eyes in shock and reached the lawyer's eyes level, I asked him confusedly for his sudden reaction "Why?".

He flipped through a few papers which were given by Justin few seconds ago and reassured with me "So, according to Mr Justin Bieber information, your marriage happened through arrangement. You both got married through a unique way, a contract?".

I replied honestly to him and said "Yes.".

He continued flipped through the papers and said "Well, do you have a child with Mr Bieber, Miss Ariana?".

I shook my head and admitted "No.".

He kept the paper away from me and said "I am sorry, Miss Ariana. You can only divorce with Mr Bieber once you pay them a million dollars for breaking the contract.".

I widened my eyes in shock and reassured with him confusedly "A million? What for? Why should I do this?".

He handed me the contract I signed for my marriage with Justin, he pointed out by highlighting "Based on the contract, you both reached an agreement for getting married to get a child. If you want to break the contract without having a child, you have to pay a million dollars for penalty.".