Chapter 26

Justin's POV

"Justin, stop following me. Please go back for your meeting.", Ariana begged while fastened her step to snub me purposely after getting off the bus.

I ignored her without replying her a word and fastened my steps as well, so that I wouldn't loose track on her.

Suddenly, she stumbled. She lost her balance and her whole body collided on the ground.

I approached her instantly and tried to get her up, but she pushed me away stubbornly, she hissed "Stop being so fake caring to me, I can handle this by myself.".

I shut my eyes and forced to raise both of my hands in defeat and took a step backward from her, she tried to get up by herself but she failed miserably.

She managed to move her upper body and adjust her body a little into a sitting position but she couldn't get up.

She was struggling to get up due to the pain on her ankle that was sprained and injured, she held a fake smile at me and lied "It's okay. I can handle this. Justin, you can go first.".

I approached her again and caressed her skin of ankle which was injured, I observed "Ariana, it's swollen. It's not looking good.".

From the expression on her face, I could assure that she's in pain, even though she tried to act alright in front of me.

She shook her head and argued in pain "No, just a minor injury, it will be recovered few seconds later. I am okay. You can go first.".

I rolled my eyes and carried her in bridal style without asking for her permission which literally caused her screaming.

She yelled in shock and punched my chest lightly to resist "No, no, let me go. I can handle this.".

I locked my eyes contact with her and whispered softly to her "I don't care. Now, I am bringing you to a clinic nearby here.".

Throughout the whole journey, she turned mute and stop resisting me but I could feel that she's looking at me in an adorable look.

I turned to her with a smirk which caused her look away from me instantly and her cheeks heated up a little.

She rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes, she's so quiet but I knew she wasn't sleeping.

She's listening to my heartbeat because every time my heart beat once, she smiled a little.

Finally, she smiled.

Ariana's POV

"No big deal, just a light injury. She just sprained her ankle.", the doctor was observing my ankle and telling us my condition.

I caressed my ankle and asked the door while looking for his name on his name tag "So, Doctor Royce, when will be my ankle fully recovered?".

The doctor replied with a smile "Well, your ankle will be fully recovered probably a day or two. Here, I will apply some creams on your ankle first.".

Justin cut him off politely with a smile and volunteered "Doctor, let me do this for her. She's a little shy in front of strangers.".