Chapter twelve

"Is he always this formal?" Izzy asks Bruce after her brief introduction to Thor, God of Thunder, who promptly passed out after talking with her

"Yes, you'll get used to it eventually" Bruce checks the god's pulse and eyes

"Is he alright?" Izzy asks

"He's fine," Bruce says and checks Thor's wounds which makes the man flinch, he groans and opens his eyes once more

"My good man, that hurts," Thor grumbles

"Sorry Thor," Bruce says but makes no effort to be any more gentle with him. He makes Thor bend forward to have a better look at the wound.

"How are you feeling Thor?" Izzy asks standing beside him

"Sore," he winces as Bruce cleans some dry blood

"Can you tell us what happened?" Izzy asks

"I was impaled by a knife," he grunts "I am thankful it was not a sword for if it were, I might not have made it."

"You've gotten out of worse," Bruce says which makes Thor narrow his eyes at the man

"Who impaled you?" Isabel asks trying not to laugh

"I don't know," Thor sighs, "a man managed to break into the Asgard prison and tried to kill my brother Loki. When I went to see him we argued, during the argument the guards were knocked unconscious and I fought the man in a worthy battle. He was fast, but I am very strong you see, we fought with precise, lethal calculations and he even matched my wit, alas, he disappeared and struck me behind my back and disappeared once more."

"Then what happened?" Izzy is engulfed in the story just as Thor intended, Bruce rolls his eyes. He's known Thor to be a very exaggerating man.

"Loki helped me out of the castle and that's all I remember," Thor grunts in pain. Bruce stands with bloody hands and cotton balls. He throws those away and washes his hands.

"We put Loki in the prison here," Bruce says, "For precaution."

"That is wise," Thor mutters, "We do not know how innocent Loki is in this matter and he has many crimes on him."

"Good thing you agree," Bruce says.

"But he's your brother," Isabel says confused, "and he saved your life!"

"Loki is not my true brother," Thor says, "and this action does not outweigh all his other crimes."

"Bullshit," Isabel says, "he's your brother you grew up with him, it's just his nature."

"You do not know Loki," is all Thor says. Isabel stands and leaves the room. How could he say that about his own brother? Just because they're not blood doesn't mean anything. Isabel walks angrily down some stairs and through some corridors. She's still fuming when she hears her name

"Isabel," it's a soft whisper, "Isabel." She looks around her, there's no one there. She walks forward and hears her name once more. It's coming from her left. She follows the voice down some more stairs and winding corridors.

The voice calls to her, almost begging her to find the source. Isabel stands before a big metal door, a code pad on the side. She's deciding whether to leave or not when he calls her.

"Isabel," the voice is coming from the other side of the door. Isabel types in Tony's birthday but the door doesn't open. She thinks hard about the passcode and finally she types in one of the most confidential passcodes Pepper ever gave her. The door opens.

She steps inside the door closes behind her, startling her. She turns back and walks slowly inside. It's a dark corridor. As she walks, a light gets brighter and brighter until it illuminates a large open space. Cells decorate the walls, a dozen in total and only one is occupied. It's the same man Isabel danced with and that carried an unconscious god into their home.