Chapter Thirteen: More for Us

{Edited}

It's Erica again, I guess I am writing this story on my own now, Kameron hasn't written a chapter in a very long while. Not that I mind, I love writing this book.

Only a few more chapters to go guys! I ma sad to know that this story is coming to an end, but ther's no use in dragging it  out for too long. Without any further ado...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey, Bryce. what's up?" I asked uncertain of why he was calling at such a late hour.

"So, your are for certain going to Stanford right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I have some news-"

"Wait, is this good news or bad news?" I asked, nervousness clouding my brain.

"Good. I promise."

"Okay, continue."

"as I was going to say, I was accepted to some universities."

"That's fantastic! Which ones?"

" Oregon, UCLA, Santa Clara, and, most importantly, Stanford!"

"Wait. For real! The chances of getting in  are like, next to none! Let alone the chance of both of us getting in! This is amazing! You are going to Stanford right?" I asked, so  excited I was bouncing up and down on my bed.

"Of course! I want us to be able to stay together, and Stanford was my number one choice."

"This is so great! Oh my God!"

"I'm so glad you're happy babe."

"Goodnight, Bryce. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, the park closest to your house good?"

"Sounds fantastic."

"See you tomorrow. Wait! What time?"

"Twelve? Bye, have a good rest of the night." I said before ending the call. I couldn't wait to talk more about college with him tomorrow, for now I was going to call Aiden.

I scrolled down to her contact and pressed call. I waited for a good two minutes until I was sent to voice mail.

"Hey, Aiden. Its Thalia, so Bryce just told me the news, but I ma assuming you knew because of what you said at the mechanics. Well, anyways, I ma meeting him at the Park tomorrow, maybe on Monday we can go to the mall or something.  You don't have to call back now,  just sometime soon. Bye."

I set my phone down on my dresser and pulled Tortellini, who was sleeping soundly at the foot of my bed, onto my lap. She  meows quietly before settling down on my legs. I pet her and then moved her to my stomach as I moved down onto my back.

I fell asleep fairly quickly again, the soft  purring of Tortellini lulling  me  to sleep.

++++

 The next morning Tortellini was still sprawled across my stomach. I gently poked her until she woke up and crawled off of me. 

I stripped myself of yesterday's clothes that I had crawled into bed with. I threw them into my laundry basket and grabbed a sea foam green tank top and white shorts from my closet. I put them on and then tried to comb my hair out while I walked to the bathroom. 

I stepped onto the cold tile flooring and yanked open the top drawer. I pulled out my brush and was more successful in brushing out my hair than I was with my hands. When I was done with my hair I braided it to the side and turned on the facet. 

I splashed the cool water on my face and cleaned it with some new soap I had bought at the store the day before. After I dried my face I brushed my teeth, managing not to get any spit on my shirt. 

I put on some mascara, concealer, foundation, and powder before giving myself the okay to leave the bathroom. 

I took the steps two at a time and ran into the kitchen. My Mom and Dad were seated at the counter drinking their 'start of the day' coffee. 

"Good morning, honey." Mom said.

"Morning, what time is it?" 

My Dad pulled out his phone and checked the time before saying "eleven."

"Okay, thanks."

I walked over to the half full coffee pot and stuck my nose near it. I inhaled deeply and cringed to find it was the blend that I despised. 

" I'm going out to get coffee and meet with Bryce, bye." 

My parents nodded their heads, I wasn't sure if they even heard what I said. 

I snatched my car keys and purse from the hook and swung open the door to the garage. I climbed into my car, opened the garage door, and backed out. A few people were out walking their dogs as I drove to the closest Starbucks.

It took me a good ten minutes to reach the coffee place. The drive threw was long, but I had enough time to spare. It was another good ten minutes before I reached the window. 

"Thanks for coming!" A petite blonde said as she handed me the two drinks I got for Bryce and me. 

I gave her the necessary amount of money from my wallet before driving away back towards my house and the park. By then it was eleven thirty, and when I reached the park it was only ten minutes before twelve. 

I sat in my car reading a book on my phone until I heard Bryce's car pull up next to mine. I opened the door and grabbed the two cups before locking the door and walking over to his side of the car.

I tapped on the window until he rolled it down.

"I got us some coffee, here." I said, sticking my hand that held his drink  through the window. 

Bryce grabbed the cup from my hand and opened the door of his truck. 

"Well, that unfortunate," He said, grabbing two other cups of coffee," I got us some too."

"Oh, more for us I guess!" 

"Yeah, I guess so. Its nice to see you, you look nice today."

"Awe, thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I said, playfully hitting him on the stomach and then giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Here, lets go sit down." 

Bryce held out his hand, and I set the hand that isn't holding my drink in hs. He lead me over to the swings and we sat down beside each other.

We sat there talking for almost three hours. 

____________________

A kind of filler chapter. I have finished editing all of the chapters up to this one, if you see any random mistakes in chapters before this, don't hesitate to let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading.

-Erica