Chapter Eight: Thinking about you, a Date, and a Blackout

{Edited}

_________________________________________________________________________

Saturday couldn't come soon enough. After our fight Aiden and I barely talked. Whenever we passed  each other in the school halls we wouldn't even make eye contact.

The only time we talked was when I didn't know what kitten to keep.  It was decided during a short phone call that I would keep Tortellini.

When Saturday finally rolled around, I couldn't help but be excited. Bryce had asked me to go out with him again. I didn't know if we were an item yet, but since Aiden and I weren't talking, I had no one to discuss it with.

Exept my mother, but we all knew wasn't going to happen.

Iwoke up at six on saturday morning. I was meeting Bryce at the park at twelve. We were just meeting up at the park, he said he'd take me someplace else after that. When I asked him where we were going, he had refused to tell me.

Excited to know exactly where we were going, I jump out of  bed and sprint to my bathroom. I slip on my fuzzy socks and faceplant right infront of the bathroom door.

Tortellini prances up to my face and paws an oranged covered leg at my nose. I blow on her face and she scampers away, tripping every so often on her newly figured out legs.

I get to my knees, stand up and head into the door  of my origional destination. I tare my brush through my tangled hair and turn the water on. I tie my hair back from my face and plunge my hands into  the steaming water.

My  clean face shines as the smell of mint toothpaste reaches my nose. After brushing my teeth, I curl my hair and go through my normal makeup routine.

I bounce happily back to my room and throw on a comfy sweater and jeans. I am about to walk out of my  room when my phone buzzed from my nightstand. I grab it and look at the text. It's from Bryce.

Hey, sorry but wear something exercisey, sorry don't thinks thats a word, I think you will enjoy what I have planned, I remember you used to like to do this, but yeah, see u at the park!

I smile and change my jeans to yoga pants, and my sweater to a blue Nike T-shirt. I grabbed my phone, a side purse, black jacket, and run out of my room.

Downstairs I scribble on a stickynote a quick note to  my mom and dad. I grab my keys off of the counter and head outside. I open the door to my old white Subaru and see the paint flaking off near the bumper in the back. I remind myself to save up for a nicer car than this piece of crap.

I drive to the selected park when my  favorite song comes on the radio, Breakeven. I sing along and think about how Aiden would have sang along with me, she knows my favorite song.

I reach the park in fifeteen minutes flat. I see Bryce's silver truck parked in the end spot and park next to him.

I could see Bryce's silhouette sitting on a swing. I got out of my car and shut the door. I feel a drop of rain on my cheek and look up at the sky. Gray clouds are forming, but I didn't mind. I was so excited to find out where we  will be going.

I run up behind him and touch his shoulders. He jumps but when he turns around he smiles then stands up.

" Okay, we'll drive in my car, follow me." Bryce says and takes my hand.

We climb into his silver truck and he starts the car. We chat about small things along the way. The whole way there rain splatters onto the windshield. We pass a billboard that advertises my favorite restaurant. Aiden knows my favorite restaurant

We drive on the highway for twenty minutes before pulling off of the road into the parking lot of a big warehouse. I give Bryce a skeptical look but he just smiles and opens his door. He comes around to my side and opens my door. I smile and follow him to the door of the huge metal wharehouse.

Before we walk in the double doors I noticed the sign. We were directly below it so I couldn't make out the words.

When we stepped in my mouth dropped. The warehouse is full of trampolines. The walls are covered by slanting trampolines and the floor seems to be made soley of them.

Bryce walks to the register and pays the guy with blonde dred locks standing behind the counter.

" Here take off your shoes" Bryce tells me. I slip off my shoes and put them in the cubby with Bryce's.

I take off and sprint towards the trampolines, Bryce close behind. I launched myself onto the black surface and laugh as I bounced high into the air before landing back on the bouncy surface. Bryce Lifts me up and we jump around like crazy. He does some showy backflips and I just jump around watching him.

I can't help the huge grin spreading across my face. I love jumping on trampolines. I had ever since Piper, a  girl in my kindergarten class, got one for her birthday.

I felt touched that Bryce remembered my obsession. We collapsed in the middle of the trampoline floor. I look at Bryce and we both smiled.

Suddenly his face gets all serious and he leans in. I blush realizing what is happening. Our lips are about to touch when thunder booms outside.

The lights flickered out.

Our lips met.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aww, a little bryce and Thalia action!! If you havent seen already, we are having a contest to make a cover. We need a new cover for our book! Look at our message board for hte details!! Please enter! It would mean alot to us!Bye!!!

---Erica!