Chapter Two: The Great Escape

Another chapter, by Erica!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

     My fingers make a continuous clicking noise as I typed away on the keyboard. I had forgotten about my history paper, that was due tomorrow might I add, and was trying to type as much as I could before Aiden woke up. She was in the fetal position on my couch and she slept very still, the occasional mumble leaving her mouth. 

     She moved suddenly towards the edge of the couch and lets out a shriek as she hits the cold floor. I couldn't help but laugh as she struggled to get out of the blanket wrapped around her. Aiden walks towards me stretching in the process. I slam my laptop closed before she can see what I have been furiously working on for the past hour.

     " How 'bout good old donuts for breakfast?" I ask Aiden as she flops down on the floor beside me. 

     " Sure" She replies before running after Raymen Noodles, who tries to go undiscovered as he runs under my bed. Aiden doesn't give up that easy though, she flops to the floor and slithers under the bed after him. I can hear his displeased meows as she drags him back out from under the bed.

     " Uh, Aiden?" I say to her as she starts talking to my cat in a really strange voice. She looks up at me and loosens her grip on Raymen. He takes this opportunity to escape her grasp and bolts through my open door. 

     " Oh, uh, sorry, I just love animals." Aiden says as she smiles at me. 

     " What?" I sarcastically scoff at Aiden because I already know of her obsession with animals. She smiles again before quickly standing up and running through my door. I race after her and see only the top of her head as she bolts down the stairs. I follow her, not running as fast down the stairs. 

     By the time I reach the landing, Aiden already has her shoes, coat, and scarf on. She waits at the door as I scribble a note for my parents telling them we are going for donuts. I hastily shove on my Uggs, grab my jacket and slip out the door, not even bothering to lock it. 

     The walk to Donut Country only takes five minutes. The morining air is crsip and cold. Our breath is visible in the air. the white clouds suspened int he air for only a short moment before dissaperaing forver. with the shop in view, Aiden and I glance at eachother before racing to the door.

Clad in our polka-dotted and damask patterned pajamas we walk straight into the resteraunt.

A lady with dyed black hair in a hairnet said "Girls! haven't seen you two in what, seven days?" 

     " Sorry Sherry, we have better things to do then eat crap!" I say to Sherry jokingly.

Aiden and I sit at our normal corner booth and wait for Sherry to bring us our usuals. 

Two minutes later we were both stuffing our faces with donuts. Aiden's mouth is red from the cherry filling of her donut, and I'm sure my face is covered in brown chocolate frosting. I take a sip of my chocolate milk before asking a question that  I shouldn't have brought up. " So, Aiden, what do your parents do for work? "

     She instantly looks down. I try to hide my confused look as she began to speak.

" Um, lets just say they do something I don't quite get myself. We haven't spoken in a while with school and you know, stuff."

 She left it at that before picking up her flimsy paper carton of strawberry milk and chugging the rest or it. 

     I don't ask anything else while I set  down the necessary amount of cash on the table. We walked out of the donut place and start the short trek back to my house. 

" Ugh Sundays are the worst ever!" Aiden groans before kicking a small rock into the middle of the damp road. 

I raced out into the road to kick it again before Aiden could. She runs after me and shoved me to the side to kick the rock again. We continued our game of street soccer before a car horn beeped right behind us. this brought us back to our senses and we move to the side of the road as the car drove past us. The old lady driving gave us a disapproving look before continuing to drive ten miles under the speed limit down the empty street. 

     Aiden taps me on the shoulder and I look over to see her glaring at me. I sent her an equally disapproving Iook as we continued to walk. We both crack smiles as we reached my driveway. I ran up to the front to to reach for the nob, only to find the door slightly ajar. I turn around to tell Aiden when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. 

   I cursed the day that I had been so bored that I had wasted several hours of the day to teaching Raymen how to open doors himself when I see an orange blob that is my beloved family cat dash further down the street. 

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any feed back is appreciated, preferably nice feed back and not the mean type , onnly if it is constructive critisisim. 

So I am currently going thrught he process of editing this whole entire story because when I look back at our writing, I noticed that we have both approved since then and this story could use some fixing and spicing up. (wow that wasn't a run on sentence at all ) So stick with the story where ever you may be, don't get hung up on the horrible writing in the later chapters, I have not gotten to editing them yet. So, thankyou to whomever has decided to stick with ths story so far, even if it is a little bad. 

Many thanks, Erica