Chapter Twelve: Old Friend

{Edited}

Wow, I really have no excuse for not updating this story. Every time I got motivated, I never really sat down and actually typed. SO, here is your way  to long overdue chapter. Also, there will probably only be three or four more chapters to this story...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After many days of contemplating, I finally chose Stanford, it wans't that hard of a decision at all. Portland University is closer to home but  I have always loved San Francisco. 

The summer days slipped by, and before I knew it, summer was almost over. The last week of summer was not a happy one. Rain poured down continuously, refusing to let up for more than a few minutes. Bryce broke his leg on a hike. And to top it all off, some jack-wad  dinged my car door. 

I hadn't told my parents, I didn't want to add to their problems, so I took care off the problem myself. I drove to the nearest car garage, showing off the nice size dent off the whole way. The Mechanics smelled of grease and fast food, but I refused to leave.

A mechanic came to meet me, he stuck out a grime covered hand towards me. I lifted my hand to his and shook it.

"Um, miss, I just want your car keys." he said, cracking a smile.

"Oh, haha, oops..." I said looking at the concrete floor embarrassed. I took the car keys from my pocket and set them in his outstretched hand. 

"So what seems to be the problem?" The mechanic said. I peeked at his name tag, it read "Ed", how generic. 

" Well, someone dinged my door..." I said, directing him the the drivers side. 

"Oh alright, this shouldn't take more then twenty minutes to fix up. You can go wait int heat office," He shook his hand in the direction of a small windowed room int he corner of the shop," By the looks of this damage, this should cost around fifty dollars, including the paint touch up."

"oh, 'kay, I'll pay afterwards." I muttered, surprised about the fix up price. 

Begrudgingly I traveled towards the small room. I stepped inside and was met with a cool blast of air coming from a noisily A.C. in the corner. I pulled my thin sweatshirt around me and sat in one of the horrifically upholstered chairs. 

Pulling out my phone, I began a text to Aiden, I hadn't seen her since, well I guess yesterday. 

'you'll never guess what happened'

Less then a minute later, my phone buzzes in my hand.

'I don't have a clue, other then your bf breaking his leg, what?'

'Some jerk dinged my car can you believe it?' I type back quickly.

'Lame! Ha ha that sucks, where are you now?'

'machanics, u?'

'at house hanging with fosters, how long you gonna be there?'

'twenty mins or so y?'

'heading your way, be there in five.'

'k' I send back.

It is then I look up and see somebody familiar sitting in the desk in front of me. They wipe the sweat from their forehead before continuing ferociously typing on the monstrous computer before them.

"Walter?"

He jerks his head up , then cracks a smile when he sees it is me. He stands up and outstretches his arms.

"Do you want my keys or a hug?" I ask before stepping forward into his embrace. 

Walter and Bryce had become good friends int he past months. Sometimes I would go to Bryce's house and end up hanging out with both of them.