Chapter Five: Surprise!

{Edited}

*****************

I had no idea what to do.

My cat, my cat sat in a tree right outside my classroom. I knew I had to get him, I just didn't know how. I fling my pencil towards the window. to everyone else it looked like I had just drooped my pencil, but it was part of my plan.

I quietly slide out of my desk and hurried over to the window. I nonchalantly reach up and pull the blinds closed, then grab my pencil.

"Mrs. Aterson, may I use the restroom?" I asked.

She gives a curt nod, and I raced out of the classroom. I run down the stairs as fast as I can. I reach the bottom of the flight, and ran straight into somebody.

"Ow, my head."Aiden mumbled.

"Aiden?" I asked.

"Thalia! Reymen! Tree! Outside!" She yelled a me.

"Ya! I know! Lets go!" I told her while running down the corridor.

She raced after me, we reached the front of our school and flung the doors open. We ran tot he side of the school, thankful to see Raymen sitting in the tree.

"Give me a boost!" I told Aiden.

She cupped her hands near to the tree, I stepped into her hands and she lifted me to the first branch of the tree. I scaled the rest of the way up the tree, making it tot he branch where Reymen currently resided. I slowly slid farther out onto the branch towards my cat. My hand grazes his orange floor when I nearly loose my balance.

My foot slips off of the branch, but I catch myself. I look up confused when I hear a gasp coming from my left. I look over to see Mrs. Aterson, with the blind's string in her hand, and my whole class staring at me with wide eyes through the window.

I flash a nervous grin back at them and grab my idiotic cat.

*************************************

I sat in detention Aiden sat uncomfortably in the large chair to my right.

I guess teachers don't like it much when you and your best fiend burst out of first period to go save your cat.

My mother had come to school to grab Reymen. I couldn't tell if the look she threw me was disappointed or proud. Maybe it was a mixture of the two.

I don't think I had ever been more embarrassed in my life. When I had tried to climb down from the tree, cat in hand, my foot got stuck between two branches.

The fire department had to come and release me from the hold of the tree.

I finished reminiscing when the head of high school Mrs. Toledo waltzed into the classroom, her heels making loud clicking noises on the tiled floor. She sat herself in a plush office chair behind her oak desk.

She clasped her hands together on top of the desk and let out an exasperated sigh before speaking.

"So would you lady's like to tell me why you are in here?" .

"We ran out of class to save Thalia's cat. He ran away a around a week ago." Aiden replied

"Then why are you in here?" She asked again.

"I just explained that though." Aiden said confused.

"You should not be here for saving a poor helpless little Kitty." Mrs. Toledo said, her tone lightening when she spoke about Reymen.

Wanting to avoid eye contact, I gazed around the small office space.

It was then I noticed all the Cat decor placed around the office. There were cat pictures, pillows, and her blazer had a cat pin syuck in it.

"You two may leave." Mrs. Toledo said with a smile. She wrote something on two slips of paper before slipping them in a filing cabinet.

"Thank you." Aiden said, a grin covered her face.

*

After school, and many embarrassing questions, Aiden and I decided to go downtown. Naturally we traveled towards Mark's Ice cream parlor.

As always the bells signaled our entrance, we ordered our the same things we got every time.

"Hey girls, how was school" Carol said in her sweet voice while scooping our ice cream.

We explained the happenings of the day to Carol, leaving out some of the most embarrassing details or course.

by the end of they story, she was done with out ice cream and we went and sat down.

"I am so happy that school is almost over." I said then scooped some ice cream into my mouth.

"Me too. I am so excited to have summer here." Aiden said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well summers were not very fun before. Now, I have you to hang out with." Adien said.

"Oh." I said happily.

We finished our ice cream quickly, with the help of each other of course.

*

Once we were done with our Ice cream we went back to our favorite little shop.

"I really need some new shorts." I said digging through a pile of on sale shorts.

I picked out a pair of ones I though were adorable.

"Not those ones." Aiden said while she yanked the green shorts out of my grasp.

"These ones." Aiden said giving me a pair of white shorts with pink flowers on them.

I gave her a questioning look before I wandered back into the dressing room. I pulled the shorts on and was happily surprised about how good they looked on me.

"Oh my God. You have to get those." Aiden squeaked, looking above the dressing room door creepily.

"I was planning on it." I said. I went to pay and of course, Aiden had already payed and held her bag stocked full of apparel.

*

We took the long way back to my house, wanting to enjoy the nice weather.

We arrived at my house half an hour later.

"Hey do you want something to drink?" Aiden asked, heading straight for the fridge when we stepped inside.

"Yeah whatever you are getting is fine."

About ten seconds later I heard Adien shout "Oh my God!"

"What?"I said as I walked into the kitchen. My question was answered when I saw somthing in the corner of the room in a cardboard box.

It was Reymen, snugged up with four tiny kittens.

"Huh, I guess this mean he," I said motioning to the cat, "is a she".

--------

sooo, I guess Reymens a girl now.

Chapter origionaly by kam, edited by Erica.