Chapter Seven: Dates and Drama

{Edited}

I giggled as I sipped my drink across from Bryce. I was having a great time getting to know Bryce. We had been at the coffee shop for awhile. We were talking about small meaningless things while sitting in the corner of the coffee house.

A petite waitress walked past our table, in her hands she held two steaming mugs of some kind of sweet smelling tea. I was to busy keeping my conversation with Bryce going that I didn't notice that my purse had fallen of the back of my chair and was lying on the floor, right in front of the waitress.

Before I could react, two mugs dropped onto my lap and hot tea seeped through my jeans .

"Dear God, I am so sorry." The waitress said, trying to pick up the mugs and mop up the spilled tea at the same time.

"Ouch, sorry my purse was in the way!"I said trying to get the steaming hot tea of my lap.

"I am so sorry! Both your drinks are free." The waiter said before going to grab more napkins.

"Are you alright?" Bryce asked me, kneeling down beside me trying to soak up more of the tea on the ground.

"Yeah I am fine." I said exploding into a fit of laughter. The waitress came back with multiple napkins in hand .

"I am sorry it's my first day." The waitress said with the puppy dog eyes.

"It's fine." I said still blotting at my thighs.

*

"And then the tea was all over my lap!" I said into the phone.

"Oh my God." Aiden sighed.

"I have the tendency to embarrass in front of people who I like."

"You do, what did Bryce do?"

"Well he asked if I was fine and helped soak up some of the tea. After I stopped laughing he told me he liked a girl who could laugh at her self." I said looking back on that sweet moment.

"Awe, he is so sweet." She said.

"And the best part is, he asked me

If I wanted to do something else next weekend!" I screamed into the receiver.

I could hear Aiden cringe.

*

I walked into school with Aiden by my side.

"Hey, Thalia." I heard someone say. I twirled around to see Bryce waving his hand above his head.

"Whats up?" I asked, walking towards him and leaving Aiden by the lockers.

"Nothing I just wanted to say hi." He said. I think we both turned fuchsia right then.

I walked back over to Aiden. I could tell she was listening to our conversation by the way she looked at my expectantly.

"What was that about?" Aiden said.

"Like you didn't hear everything.!" I said with a glare and a shove.

*

Aiden was waiting for me by the lockers when I got out of my last period class.

"Hey why don't We change bit up this weekend! I'll come over to your house instead."

"Um okay, yeah I guess." Aiden said.

*

I used the directions Aiden gave me and soon drove up in front of a gray two story house. I couldn't help thinking that it was super weird that I had never been to her house before. I walked up the drive way to her house. It was nice enough, boxes full of blooming carnations sat underneath all of the windows. I rung the doorbell and and heard footsteps.

A tall woman, looking to be inherent mid-forties answered the door.

"You must be Aidens mother." I said, extending my hand towards her.

"Oh no, her foster mother dear, you must be Thalia, Aiden is up in her room." The women said, grasping my hand and giving it a small shake. How could Aiden leave this huge detail out?.

"Aiden." The woman yelled.

"Yeah Linda?" Aiden yelled back.

"Your friend is here." The lady's name who had to be Linda yelled.

Aiden appeared at the top of the stair case and waved me up. I pulled off my shoes and traveled up the stairs. I followed her back to her room without a word. Once In the safety or her room with the door shut I begun to whisper yell at her.

"How could you not tell me you are in foster care?" I asked, I didn't wait for an answer. " like, what the hell!"

"How could I have thought we were best friends and not know anything about you?" I asked her this time waiting for her to explain.

"I-, it never really came up, I didn't think it was that important!" Aiden said through clenched teeth.

.

" Well, it would have been a nice thing to know!"

Aiden sat down on her twin bed and sighed, defeated.

------------

Originally by Kameron, edited by Erica 11/29/13