Chapter Six: Names, News, and Plans

{Edited}

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hmm, I think this one should be named Tortellini! Like the type of pasta because of you know Reymen noodles!" Aiden said while holding one of the small kittens.

I set the kittens back on my bed and Reymen, whose name we hadn't gotten around to changing, joined them on the plush duvet.

" That was the last of them! We officially have named all five kittens. Lets see, we have Tortellini, Alfredo, Pesto, Bow-tie, and Macaroni!" I said to Aiden who was trying to keep the kittens from falling off of the bed.

" Yay! But don't we have to sell them? I mean we can't keep them all!" Aiden sadly explains.

" I guess, it would definitely be a hassle to watch them twenty four seven." I realize sadly.

" I'll be right back!" I tell Aiden as I stand up from the news papered floor. I run down the stairs and out to the garbage. I grab the cardboard box out of the recycling and run back inside. On the way back up the stairs i grab some old blankets from the cupboard and throw them into the box.

When I finally reach my room where the kittens are, Aiden is passed out on the floor and the kittens are snuggled around Reymen. I chuckle and grab one of the blankets and cover Aiden's sleeping body.

I put the box in the  corner of the room and spread the blankets out inside. One by one I grab the tiny kittens and put them in the box. Reymen waltzes over and  lays down in the corner of the box, while the kittens settle down beside her.

I find my own spot on the couch and turn on the t.v. The local news is on and I watch as a new story pops up. The t.v. screen read " A daring rescue". My face looses all of its color when I see the most unattractive picture of Aiden and I trying to get Reymen down from the tree.The screens switches to the news anchor who starts to explain the situation.

" Well Sam, it seems like an interesting story. A cat gets stuck in a tree and two people come to rescue it. As you can see here'" the screen splits and the picture comes back up," Two girls skip out of class to go and rescue their cat. this picture was taken by a student in one of the girl's classes that just so happened to peek out of the window and see this interesting sight.  We will now show the school's principle's earlier interview."

My principle is now taking up the whole screen and speaking into a microphone. An off screen reporter asked her a series of questions.

" Were you mad at the girls when they ran from class?"

"Of course, but when I learned  of why they did, I couldn't help but feel proud!"

" Why is that?" 

"Well, you see, I love cats, they are my favorite. It just warms my heart that to young girls would go out of their way to rescue an animal!"

 The reporter looks uneasy and says" Well Nancy, back  to you."

The screen switches back to the original anchor whose name I guess is Nancy. She gives a fake smile before introducing the new topic.

I quickly change the channel as my Dad walks in, I look a up at him and hope that he wasn't watching the news. I give a fake smile that  would make Nancy proud and wait for my Dad to say  something.

" Thalia, we are going out to dinner with the Bodagers, we will be back by twelve. Make sure to keep a watch on the kittens, and Aiden. I am sorry to say, but we need to sell some of the kittens, you can keep one, but that's it, okay?"

"Okay Dad, I got it, eat, watch, sell."

"Well, we will be going, see ya!"

"Bye!" I yelled at my Dad's retreating back.

Aiden jerked awake at my yell and looks around confused. " Oh, Thalia  it's just you."

"Uh ya, just me.....and six cats."

"Oh right." Aiden bounded over to the box and picked up Pesto. He meows in complaint and stretched in her hands.

"Who's a little cutie? You are!" Aiden squealed at Pesto. He looked up at her and paws at her fingers.

" Ouch, no no kitty, you aren't de-clawed yet!" She set Pesto back into the box and sucked on her bleeding finger.

" We should really start making some signs or something you know, for the cats." I said solemnly.

"On the bright side though, we have to keep them until they can be away from Reymen!" Aiden says.

Ya I guess that's goo-" Just as I was going to reply, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I pick it up and see that its an unknown number.

I hit answer and say "hello?"

"  um, hey is this Thalia?" a boys voice says, it seems to shake a little.

"Yes, it is why?" I replied unsure.

"Oh hey, Its uh, its Bryce."

I look at Aiden confused and she mouthed What?

I'll tell you after I mouthed back back at her, she nodded and I continue to speak to Bryce.

" Oh, hi Bryce, why are you calling? Its like....Oh I guess it isn't late, but anyways, why'd you call, I don't mean to be rude!"

" Um well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the new coffee shop on Saturday, I don't know, around ten or something?"

I let out a squeal before my phone slipped out of my hand and drops to the ground.

"So, is that a yes or...?" 

"I swoop down and grab the phone.

"Yes! its a definite yes!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OOOOO! Some new romance hmm hmm? Hope you liked to chapter! Sorry again that  it took so long to make! It will be kam next time. please drop a comment and vote please!!!!! Pic on side is of Bryce!!!!!

- Erica