Chapter Eleven: Are we together?

{Edited}

___

I swung my necklace around as eyed the three envelopes on the table. I sat nervously in my chair waiting for my mother to come home.

"There are here." I said in the most causal voice I could muster.

"Really?" My mother said her face turning to a grin.

She grabbed the envelopes and placed them closer to me.

I picked up the first one flipped it around and Portland University was printed on the corner.

I let out a deep sigh and stuck my fingers into the side. Before pulling out the paper I peeked over at my mother. She saw me and gave me a hopeful grin.

"Dear Thalia Ann Young." I read out loud, " We are pleased to tell you you have been accepted to our university."

I dropped the letter and hugged my mother. A small tear rolled down her face.

"You have two more." My mother said.

I read the next letter, Boise State.

I skipped to the part that mattered.  

"You have not been accepted." I said.

"That's alright, there's two more" My mother said.

Picked up the very last letter. The one I had waited for, Stanford University. I had wanted to go to Stanford ever since I first  visited the campus when I was little with my dad. He had to go and meet a fellow professor  from a different college there. I remember the huge beautiful campus and the numerous buildings.

Ever since I had started applying to colleges, I  knew that Stanford was my  number one choice, but at the same time I new that there was only a five percent chance of me even getting  in. I mentally crossed my fingers as I tore into the white envelope.

I unfolded the letter and skipped to the most important part.

"You have been accepted!" I squealed.

"Congratulations." My mother said, happiness evident in her tone.

-------- 

I called Aiden and told her the news. She was happy for me but I could hear the edge of sadness in her voice. I would miss her too. After all she was the only best friend I had ever had.

Next was Bryce. The same reaction came thought the phone.

The phone was silent for a second

"So." Bryce said. "Are we together?"

" Hmm, let me think, yes." I said

Our conversation continued but all that was on my mind was I had a boy friend, I had a best friend, and I was going to collage.

I dialed Aiden's number again. I told her the new news

"Wow, today's your day." She said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." 

--------  

I smiled as I sat in my bed looking at my ceiling. Today was my day.

------ 

So yeah. Collage that's big. Sorry this is so short.

Originally by Kameron, edited by Erica.

Message from Erica: This was originally only 300 words, so there was no way I could really get this one up to 1000 plus words. Sorry it was short, but it was a needed  'filler chapter. Thanks for reading!