Chapter Four: The lost is Found

{Edited}

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

" I don't know, do you think he will ever come back?" I asked Aiden while holding back tears. We were currently nailing missing cat signs to the wooden cellphone line posts. I nailed the paper into the pole, my hand shaking the hammer. 

" Thalia, its Reymen, we'll find him eventually, he isn't an outdoor cat, he will come back by himself before you know it!" Yelled Aiden right in my ear. 

" Ya, I guess you're right." I mumbled back, rubbing my ear and trying to smile.

We continued walking through the brisk morning air, stopping every once in a while to nail up a sign. All of a sudden this guy came whizzing past us on a small bike, making me take a step to close to the edge of the sidewalk. My foot slipped off the edge and into the gutter, the rest of my body soon followed.

"Jerk!" Aiden yelled at the receding back of guy. He didn't even look back at me. I am almost glad he didn't see me in my pitiful state of lying in the gutter of the road. On the contrary, an apology would have been nice. 

Aiden helps me to my feet, then kneels back down too pick up the hammer and most of the scattered nails. She stands up and draped my arm over her shoulder to help support me. We slowly make uor way back to the house. I limped the whole way their, pain shooting through my ankle.

Aiden pushed open the side door and helped me through it and into the house.  Setting the twenty or so leftover posters on the kitchen counter, Aiden walked to the fridge, opened the freezer, and pulled out a frozen pack of peas. She then handed me the peas before grabbing the milk carton. 

While I pour the milk, Aiden grabbed a towel to set over my skin, then pulled over another stool. I set my leg on one stool and sit on the other. 

"Oh, thanks." I told Aiden as she gave me the towel in exchange for a glass of milk. 

The ice was cold on my skin, even with the towel separating the two. With nothing else to do, we chat and watch t.v. until we got tired enough to go to bed.

Aiden helped me up the stairs and deposits me in my bed. I crawled under my covers and fell asleep, not bothering to but pajamas on. Aiden left once she knew I was asleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up in my bed, the duvet was on the floor, and my legs were twisted within my white sheets. I groaned when I realize that once again Monday has come. I dragged myself out of bed to find out my ankle felt better. I traveled into the bathroom where I managed to get the many tangles out of my hair. 

I brushed my teeth and end up getting almost all of my tooth paste-y spit in my hair.

So far this was not a good morning.

My morning continued to worsen when I came down from getting dressed and found that all of the cereal that was left consisted of oats and fiber cereal, um gross.

I stuck with a bowl of yogurt before my mom rushed down the stairs, and ushered me out the front door and into her snow white BMW.

We arrived at school and I hopped out.

"Make good choices!" My mother screamed after me before she honked her horn repetitively at the car in front of her. She isn't the best role model.

Swinging my heavy red backpack farther up my shoulder, I walked towards the rows of outside lockers. 

"Thalia, Hey!" Yelled Aiden across the distance between us, waving wildly.

She was walking over to me when this guy, who's name I think starts with W, walked in front of me.

" Sup Thalia, I am Walter," Walter said, his neck turning a slight pink," I, uh, uh, um was wondering if maybe you wanted to, you know, go on a date sometime?"

My eyes widened and I could feel my face turn red. Walter was an attractive boy, probably one of the only ones in my grade, except Bryce, but back to Walter. I was just about to reply yes, Aiden had other plans.

" Hey Walter, ya you! Back off! She obviously doesn't wan to date you! Now Leave!" Aiden yelled at Walter. Walter gave me a confused look before following Aiden's harsh orders.

" What the heck Aiden! I was going to say yes! What was that about!" I whisper screamed at Aiden not wanting to cause a scene.

I felt the sudden urge to scream loudly at her, maybe even push her. I refrained from these actions, as many people surrounded us. 

" I am just looking out for you! You don't belong with him, and he doesn't belong with you!" Aiden whispers back to me.

I say nothing more and stalk away to my locker. After I messed up my combination an unnecessarily large amount of times, the lock finally opened. I grabbed the necessary books and binders for my first period class. I silently thanked whomever made my schedule because I didn't have any classes with Aiden until after afternoon break. 

Halfway through first period, something outside caught my attention. Something was moving in the oak tree outside of the classroom window. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped when I realized what it was.

Sitting there in the tree grooming his paws, was none other then my devil of a house cat, Reymen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not much of a cliff hanger! But hope you enjoyed.

wow, im on a roll, this is the fifth fourth chapter i have edited today, I am getting evey chapter (exept the prolouge) to one thousand or more words. Its harder than I thought. I have been working on this ALL day! I think I have literally gotten up only for food and to go to the bathroom. hopefully my efforts pay off and this story is better. 

-Erica