Chapter Three: Oh the Places You'll Go

{Edited}

**************************

It had been one week since Reymen's break for freedom. It was Friday and Aiden had come home with me after school, again.

I went through The side door and into the kitchen. My Dad was sitting on one of the counter stools paying bills. One hand held a glass of water, the other a pen that seemed to never stop moving. He looked up when he heard the door opening. A smile spread across his face when he saw us.

"You are becoming a real regular here." My dad said to Aiden with a hardy laugh.

"Yeah, you  might have to consider adopting me." Aiden said with a slight giggle. We set our backpacks on the counter then bounded up to the second story and into my room.  Aiden took her place on the couch that already had sheets on it, I had expected that she would come over again this weekend. 

" I think I like this couch more then my own bed." Aiden said, sinking further into the feather stuffed cushions.

"You are sleeping on it more then your own bed." I said. I liked having a best friend. It was much better to have someone I could talk to bout how cute Bryce had been lately. 

"Bryce was so cute today," I said, then sat up quickly," wait what?" 

"Oh my God! Shut up about him already! I thought you did not even like him that much! But now I can tell you definitely do!" Aiden practically screamed at me.

"Okay, um, forgot I ever said that. Do you want to go for ice cream?" I asked her. 

"That sounds so good. It's like you read my mine." She said licking her lips and rubbing her stomach in circles.  

I grabbed two coats from my closet and handed one to her. As I walked down the stairs, Aiden slid past me on the banister.

"Oh my god, you are such a kid!" I yelled at her as she dismounted the banister at the bottom on the stairs. 

"You love me anyways!" She said jokingly to me.

I nodded in agreement.

"We're going out, don't know how long we're going to be, don't wait up if we're back late!" I yelled to my dad who was still preoccupied with his bills in the kitchen.

" 'kay!" 

Satisfied with his response, I opened the door, let Aiden slide out past me,and then slammed it closed behind me.

We walked down the nearly empty street of Ettysfield. As we walked around the next bend in the road, we came upon Mark's ice cream. There was a few other ice cream places in town, but nothing beat Mark's. He had the best ice cream in Idaho, and it was cheap. 

Aiden opened the glass door and we stepped inside. Bells hanging from the door rang behind us when it closed. A women with graying brown hair stepped out from behind the counter, slipping off her gloves to shake our hands. I recognized her as mark's wife.

"Hey Thalia! Who is this?" Carol questioned. 

"This, is Aiden," I said, placing my hand weirdly on top of  Aiden's head," She will start coming here often, too." I added. 

"Well, nice to meet you." Aiden said, shaking Carol's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. Now what can I get you Aiden?" Carol asked 

"Hmm, this is a tough decision," Aiden said, eyeing all of the flavors behind the glass case," I will have the mint with chocolate sauce, oh, and cookie dough.".

"That sure is a strange combo." I remarked as Carol began scooping the strange mix of flavors.

" It's really good, you'll see ." Aiden said. Carol already knew what I wanted, I came here often when I was younger. Whenever I came I always got the same thing, why change now?

I grabbed some crumpled bills from my pants pocket and set them on the icecream case for Carol.

"What's that?" Aiden asked after we sat down.

"It is birthday cake ice cream, cookie dough, chocolate sprinkles, and caramel sauce." I said with my mouth half full of the gooey goodness.

"Yum, sounds good." Aiden said digging her spoon into my cup with out asking.  I did the same to her's. We both let out a simple "Mmm." 

We practically shoveled the delicious treat into our mouths, it didn't take us more then ten minutes to finish. With a goodbye wave to Carol, we left the small shop. 

Aiden and I decided that we didn't quite want to go home, so we went and wandered around downtown.

"Come here!" Aiden yelled excitedly. She pointed toward a little brown store down the street when I got closer.

"I have never thought to go in there." I said as I chased her down the road.

The boutique like store wasn't very large, but it seemed like there was a large selection of clothing to choose from. As I shifted through a pile of shorts, I heard Aiden come up to me. 

"This would look so good on you." Aiden said holding up a white dainty lace dress to me. 

I grabbed the dress and draped it over my arm so I could try it on later.

'You like shopping don't you?" I asked the question that I already had the answer to.

"Duh." Aiden snorted while looking through another rack of clothing. 

After trying on eight dresses that I never thought I would like, I bought a pretty lace one and a simple black peplum dress. I noted that the stores prices were low, this would for sure be a new shopping place. As we exited the boutique, Aiden swung her bag holding three shirts and a pair of sandals

We breathed int he fresh May air. It smelled sweet and fresh. 

"That was fun." Aiden said, still swinging her bag around, barley missing me a few times.

"Yeah. I like shopping with you." I told her.

"Well I am the best." Aiden said as we walked back to my house for the night.

---------

Thanks for reading

Originally by Kameron, edited by Erica