17

Naruto's POV

"I honestly hate you." Reika-san murmured as she continued to sob. "I know." I said smiling, but I knew she was lying. I noticed she got quiet after a while. "Reika-san?" I looked at her and noticed she had fallen asleep, purring slightly.

I chuckled. "Good ol' Reika-san." I said, gently petting her ears. "Naruto!" Sasuke jumped down from the tree he was at and landed in front of me. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine," I looked at Reika-san before picking her up bridal style.

"We need to get her to a hospital. She could be hurt." I said. "I don't think so. Look at her wounds," I looked at Reika-san's wounds and saw that they were slowly closing. "They're healing themselves." Sasuke said.

Was Reika-san healing her own wounds? "Whoa!" Sasuke and I took a step back as four huge, cat-like summonings appeared before us. "Reika-sama, are you all right?" The green cat said in a female voice.

"Of course she's not all right, idiot! She's blacked out!" The orange/black/white cat said. "Don't call me an idiot, stupid!" The female cat argued. "Knock it off. Both of you," The black cat with wings looked from Reika-san to me.

"Did you harm her, boy? Because if you did, I won't hesitate to kill you where you stand." It said. "No way! I didn't hurt her!" I objected. "Guys, do you smell that? That weird smell... it's coming from Reika-sama." The green cat said.

"It smells like..." The mixed cat trailed off before looking at me. "Not bad, human. I didn't think you were able to pull it off." He commented. "Huh?" I looked at them confused. "What are you talking about?" Sasuke demanded.

"You protected our princess during the disaster. Thank you. We entrust you to watch over our princess, human." The black cat with wings said. With that, they disappeared. What just happened?

(Funeral)

Today was the Third Hokage's funeral. He died, protecting us. Everyone was dressed in black and some people brought flowers. As people were placing their flowers on the casket, I glanced over at Konohamaru as he cried with Iruka there to comfort him.

I'll never forget the old man. I'll never forget how he scolded me sometimes and how he made me smile through my toughest times. "Where's Reika-san?" Sakura asked. I kept my mouth shut. I knew where Reika-san was, but I didn't want to tell her.

After the funeral, I went straight home. "Reika-san?" I whispered as I opened my door slightly. I saw her still lying bed, her back facing me as the blanket was over her. "Reika-san?" I walked over to her to get a better look at her.

Her eyes were closed, but I knew she was awake. I sighed and sat beside her. "Reika-san, I know you're awake. Please, talk to me." I said emotionlessly. Reika-san slowly opened her eyes, then she moved her gaze to me.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked her. She didn't respond as she returned her gaze to the wall. "Reika-san, please talk to me. I want to know what's wrong. I'm not angry at you for hitting me, if that's what you're feeling." I said.

"Please don't..." I looked at her as she spoke. "Please... don't call me 'Reika-san'. Just call me Reika. Okay?" She said softly. "Okay. Reika, if you think I'm angry at you-"

"I don't think that. I just..." Reika slightly curled herself into a ball as she hesitated to speak. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. You must hate me now, don't you." Reika said quietly. "What? I don't hate you. I would never hate you." I said to her.

"You do hate me. I hurt you and it's my fault. I let that damn snake control me. How could I let him control me?" Reika whispered sadly. I heard her sniffle, telling me she was about to cry. "Reika, look at me. I'm not mad at you. It's not your fault." I defended.