19

"So, what are we going to be doing on this adventure, Pervy Sage?" I asked the old man. "Hey, could you call me Jiraiya instead of Pervy Sage?" He requested. "From what I've heard from Naruto's nickname, you're a pervert. Probably a bigger one than Ebisu." I stated.

"Trust me, he is." Naruto said, causing Jiraiya to frown. I blinked before looking towards the sky. "What's wrong, Reika?" Naruto asked. "Nothing. I thought I saw something." I said. We continued to walk until we were at some kind of market.

There, Jiraiya saw a pretty woman and bailed on Naruto and I to go drink with her. At least that's what I think was going to happen. Jiraiya does drink. I could tell just by getting a whiff of his breath. I sighed as Naruto and I signed into a hotel.

"That Pervy Sage is just wasting our time." Naruto complained as he and I were back to back, focusing on our chakra. I placed my hands on my lap and leaned against Naruto. "Reika," I hummed in response.

"Can I pet your ears?"

"You really seem to enjoy petting my ears."

"I can't help it. They're soft."

I smirked. "All right, I'll let you pet them."

Naruto turned around so he was facing me, and pet my ears. I purred in content and allowed myself to lay on Naruto's lap. "You're really warm." I mentioned as I closed my eyes. But I quickly opened them when I got a whiff of an Uchiha.

"Someone's near the door. Probably Sasuke." I said, sitting up. "What does he want?" Naruto asked. I jumped off the bed and approached the door before opening it. I expected to see Sasuke there, but he wasn't.

Instead, some other guy was standing there. He resembled Sasuke, but he was a lot older. "Can I help you?" I asked the man. "I'm looking for Naruto Uzumaki." He said. "OK, and?" I asked. "Reika, is it Sasuke?" Naruto asked as he stood behind me.

"Stay behind me." I whispered to him. "Let's take a walk." The man suggested. I cautiously stepped outside the room with Naruto behind me. The man had a companion with him; Some guy who looked like a shark.

I took another look at the man's face and recognized him immediately. This was Itachi Uchiha. Sasuke's older brother. "Hey, Itachi. In case this kid tries to make a run for it, how about I chop off a leg." The shark man said.

"Not happening!" I said before pouncing at him. I made my nails grow sharp and long as I went to scratch him. But he intercepted my attack by hitting me in the side with his clothed sword. I smashed into the wall, making a crater.

"Reika!" I heard Naruto call. I grunted as I sat up. My ears twitched. I looked over and spotted Sasuke. Uh-oh. I know this won't turn out well. But I have to protect Naruto. "Sasuke, don't fight him. You won't win." I said, standing to my feet.

I quickly did a few hand signs. "Ninja Art: Shadow Cat Jutsu." My shadow stretched out and shaped itself into a cat. "Kill them." I ordered. My cat hissed before lunging itself at Itachi, but the shark man used his sword and slashed at her.

She disappeared within seconds. Just how the hell are you supposed to defeat these guys? "Stay out of this, Reika! This has nothing to do with you!" Sasuke said. "No! You stay out of this!" I said.

I jumped in the air, lunging towards the two men until Itachi grabbed my throat. "You're in the way." Itachi muttered. I growled and I clutched onto his wrist. "Bite me." I growled. Itachi frowned before activating his Sharingan.

I gasped when I started to see my past. Orochimaru was killing my people, left and right. I could see my brother getting killed repeatedly. I could see him being stabbed to death. "You left me to die." I turned around as Takeru stood over me.

"Takeru?" I whispered. "You left me to die." He repeated before grabbing my throat with both hands. I choked and grabbed onto his hands. "Brother, please. You're hurting me." I said, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Die, Little sister. Join me." Takeru said. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Naruto's POV

"Reika!" I called to her. Her hands fell to her side as she stared out into space, dazed. "Looks like we took care of that problem." The shark man said. Itachi carelessly threw Reika to a wall and she slid to the floor, unconscious.

Jiraiya showed up while making an entrance. "Now is not the time, Pervy Sage! We have bigger problems!" I shouted. "Hey, do you mind not calling me that in front of other people?" He requested. "I don't care! Get with it, Pervy Sage!" I said.

"I told you not to call me that!" Pervy Sage snapped. "Naruto..." I looked at Reika as she spoke, still unconscious. "Well, what do you know? The brat's still has some consciousness inside her." Shark mans said.

"We don't have time for this. Grab the boy." Itachi said to his partner. "Right." His partner swung his sword in the air, but paused when the room began to shake.

(I'm gonna skip ahead since you guys know what happens here)

"Reika! Reika! Answer me!" I said as I tried shaking her awake. "Naruto, it's no use. She's probably dead." Sasuke said. I frowned at him. "How could you say that?! She saved you!" I yelled at him.

"Naruto, calm down. Reika isn't dead. She's just trapped in a genjutsu." Jiraiya assured me. "We need to take her back to the village. "Naruto..." Reika whispered. "I'll take her back to the village." Sasuke offered as he picked her up and set her on his back.

"Naruto... No..." Reika whispered. "I got you, Reika." Sasuke said. "Naruto..." Reika continued to whisper. "You better take care of her, Sasuke!" I yelled. "Don't worry, I will." He said, rolling his eyes. He carried Reika back to the village.

I couldn't help but feel worried about her. But I know one thing for sure, she's not going to be happy when she finds out she's been taken back to the village.