18

Reika's POV

Naruto and I were standing inside Ichiraku's ramen as Naruto was looking for something through his clothes. "What are you looking for exactly?" I asked him with my arms crossed. "I had a ramen ticket and now I can't find it." He said, still searching through his clothes.

I thought back when we ran into Konohamaru. "Did you give it to Konohamaru?" I asked him. "Ah, no! Don't tell me I gave my last one to him!" He whined. I narrowed my eyes at his headband. "Naruto." I said. "Hmm?"

I walked up to him and sniffed his headband. "What are you-"

"The ticket. It's behind your headband." I said, taking a step back. Naruto checked behind his headband and cheered when he found it. "Thanks, Reika! I owe you one!" He said, hugging me. I suppose I should get used to this. The hugging, I mean.

"Why did you keep the ticket behind your headband?" The owner asked. "Let me guess: You were worried it would fall out of your pocket when you were training earlier." I said. "Whoa, are you a mind reader or something, Reika?" Naruto asked.

I sat next to Naruto as he began to eat his ramen. "Naruto, is ramen all you eat?" I asked. "Why do you ask?" Naruto questioned. "Because you smell like ramen all the time." I answered. We both laughed at that comment.

"When you're finished with your ramen, I'll help you with your training." I offered. "Really? Do you mean it?" Naruto asked, smiling. "Of course." I replied. "Ne, Reika. Your hair's gotten longer." Naruto mentioned.

"Yeah, it has," I agreed, taking some of it between my fingers. "Looks like I need a haircut." I said. "No, don't cut it! You look nice with long hair!" Naruto whined. I blushed at his comment before chuckling. "All right, I'll keep it long. For you." I said.

Naruto grinned at me before returning to his ramen. "I had to see it with my own eyes," Naruto and I looked towards the entrance of the restaurant.

"It looks like you do eat nothing but ramen, huh, short stuff." An old man with white hair said. I raised a brow as Naruto had ramen stuffed in his mouth. "Huh? Pervy Sage!" Naruto said, his mouth still full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." I said, sweat dropping. "Who's this? Is this your girlfriend?" The old man asked. "No way!" Naruto and I said in sync. We paid for the ramen before heading inside a store.

Naruto picked out a collar for me and put it around my neck. "I love it." I said, smiling, as I admired the bell. "I'm glad." Naruto replied, smiling back. "So, are you guys dating?" The old man asked. "We're not." Naruto and I said bluntly at the same time.

"I'm his cat." I explained. "His cat?" The man repeated. I sighed. Because he didn't know I was cat, he doesn't know what I meant. "I'm going to train for a bit. Naruto, you'll know where to find me." I said before heading to the training grounds.

But before I went there, I went to a nearby lake. I splashed some water on my face, then looked at my reflection in the water. Naruto was right. My eyes were purple, but why? If the place isn't completely destroyed, I could find some files in the Takuma's Archives.

I went to my clan to see the results. The place wasn't completely burnt to the ground. Surprisingly, some buildings were still standing. But the windows were broken and some were cracked.

I walked through the semi-burnt clan until I found the elder's home. I walked inside and slid open a door that was filled with scrolls. This must be the Takuma's Archives. I started looking scroll after scroll to find out why my eyes were now purple and no longer red.

When I found a scroll about abilities, I began reading it. "This is it!" I said when I read over something about Takuma's eyes having their eyes changed to a different color. "All right, let's see what we got," I began to read.

"When a Takuma no longer feels hatred or anger towards another, their eyes change a different color. It means they have accepted their mistakes and forgive the other for their doing, whether they did something or not. Once the Takuma's eyes have changed color, they will start to accept others and be more open."

Wow, I didn't think cats could get like that. Does that mean my cold personality will disappear? Nevertheless, I don't want to stop being Naruto's cat. I like him. You know, as a friend. My ears twitched when I heard Naruto's voice.

"Reika! Where are you?" He called. I hid the scroll in my clothes and headed to wherever Naruto was. There was still a lot of things in the scroll I haven't read yet and I want to be able to keep reading it later.

I spotted Naruto and the old man by the gates and Naruto had packed a huge bag. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked Naruto with a blunt expression. "Pervy Sage and I are going to go on an adventure and learn new jutsu. I want you to come with us." Naruto said.

"I'm not really feeling up for it, Naruto." I admitted. Naruto pouted as he gave me puppy dog eyes. I felt my face heat up, letting me know that I was blushing. "Okay, I'll go." I gave in. "Yay!" Naruto cheered, hugging me.

I sighed, then smiled at my knucklehead. "All right, Naruto. Enough with the hugging. Let's go before the sun goes down." I said and he let go of me. The two of us followed Jiraiya as we started out new adventure.