9

"Damn him. Damn him. Damn him." I repeated that over and over. I was angry at Gaara for kissing me the other day. I still don't understand why he did that. Time is running out and Naruto's team hasn't make it back yet. 

Where are they? Ah, hell with it. I got up from the couch I was laying on and headed towards the exit. It was already dark. It'll be morning soon. I walked into the forest. I could hear a battle going on. I could hear Naruto's voice.

I sighed. They're ninjas, right? If you want a job done, you've gotta do it yourself. I headed towards the battlefield.

Naruto's POV

We're screwed. There's no way I can finish these guys. "Naruto, watch out!" Sakura-chan called. All three rain ninja jumped at me. I was frozen. I couldn't move. I shut my eyes. Then, I heard grunts and punches.

"Oi, are you gonna keep your eyes closed forever or what?" I gasped and opened my eyes. That voice... I looked up. "Reika-san!" I said in disbelief. "You're childish, baka." She said, frowning at me. I grinned then, hugged her.

"Reika-san!" I cheered. She let out an angry yell and shoved me away from her. "Don't hug me!" She snapped. Reika-san walked over to the knocked out ninjas and began to search through their clothing. 

"Is this what you want?" She asked out of boredom as she held up a Heaven Scroll. "Yeah, that's what we need!" I said happily. "Not so loud, Uzumaki." Reika-san said coldly. She tossed me the scroll, then began to walk away, towards the tower.

"Reika-san, wait up!" I called, catching up to her. Sakura-chan and Sasuke followed. "Reika-san, I don't understand." Sakura-chan said. "What is there to understand? You guys needed to get to the tower, so I assisted you worms." Reika-san said coldly.

"That's not what I meant. I mean, how are you alive?" Sakura-chan asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You.. You were dead. You were blown up by that Orochimaru creep."

"I'm clearly alive, I didn't die, and I was never blown up."

"But-"

"Enough talk. Just shut up." Reika-san said coldly. Sakura-chan jumped at her tone before staying quiet. I looked at Reika-san. There's something wrong with her. I know Reika-san died back there. There's no way she survived that blast. 

But she's here, right in front of me. So, how did she live?

Reika's POV

I lead Squad 7 towards the tower with Kabuto. When we got there, I didn't bother waiting for them as they thanked him. "Reika-san, wait!" Naruto called. I turned around, facing him. "What is it?" I said coldly.

"Why... How are you alive?" He asked. "I've already explained it to Haruno. Don't make me explain it to you." I said, glaring at him. I turned away from him. "Wait a second, Reika-san. We have to open the scrolls here." Sakura said.

"Open them without me. I'm going." I informed. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked towards an arena. The preliminary round. "Reika?" I turned around. "What do you want?" I said coldly. Hinata stared at me.

"Is that really you?" She asked me. I narrowed my eyes at her. I forgot that she saw me and my intestines exposed. "Reika, in the forest, I saw-Mmh!" I quickly covered her mouth and pushed her against the wall, my other hand pinning her right shoulder.

"Don't say a word. I don't want to hurt you." I said. Hinata stared at me with wide eyes, expressing fear. "What you saw in the forest wasn't real. You imagined that." I said. She shook her head and moved my hand away from her mouth.