12

Naruto's POV

Reika-san's been really protective over me lately. I mean, I'm not complaining that she's trying to be nice, but I wish she could tell me about her past a bit. Right now, Reika and I were walking around the village a bit.

"Hey, Reika-san," I said, getting her attention. She looked at me. "Why were you hugging me yesterday? Were you upset?" I asked her. "It was just something I felt like doing." She said quietly. I raised a brow at her as we continued to walk around the village.

Reika-san lifted her head slightly and sniffed the air like a cat or dog would. "Reika-san?" I asked. She spotted a dango shop and went over to it, ordering a few of them. "Reika-san, what are you-"

"Hold this." Reika-san interrupted me as she handed me the bag of dangos. I did as she said as she sniffed the air again. "What do you smell?" I asked. "Sweets." She answered and headed to another store.

I followed her inside and saw her looking at different types of manga. "I didn't know you liked manga." I said. "That's what their called? I thought you look at them as just books." Reika-san said as she picked out a manga with a title that read, DRAMAtical Murder. (Show of hands. Who also likes that anime?)

She bought the manga, then went to another store that sold sweet stuff. After that, Reika-san and I walked back to my house. Once we settled in, I took out leftover pizza from my fridge, heated it up, and gave some to Reika-san.

"Here, eat this if you're hungry." I said, giving it to her. Reika-san took off her hood and mask before she looked at the pizza, sniffing it. "What's the matter?" I asked her.

"What is this?" She asked. "It's pizza." I answered as I sat next to her. "Pizza?" Reika-san repeated. 

"Yeah, you never tried pizza before?"

"No, I've never had it."

"Never had it?"

"No. Hey, tell me what you call this thing," Reika-san held up a dango stick.

"That's a dango stick." I answered. "And this?" She held up some candy. 

"Candy."

"What about these?" Reika-san pointed at the small box of doughnuts. "Those are doughnuts." I explained. "They are? I've never seen them in a different shape before." Reika-san said. "Doughnuts don't always come in the same shape, Reika-san." I explained.

"How come?" She asked. "I don't know. That's just how they make them." I said with a shrug. I paused for a moment. "Reika-san, why'd you get all of this stuff when you don't know what they are?" I asked her. 

One of Reika-san's ears twitched before answering, "I got a little interested in them because they smelled sweet. I've tried sweet stuff before."

"Okay, what do you usually eat?" I asked her. "Mainly just fish and some sushi." Reika-san answered. "You mean, you've never tried anything else?!" I asked, shocked. "No, does it matter?" She asked with a frown. 

I can't believe Reika-san hasn't tried any of this stuff. That's when I got an idea. "Reika-san, how about if I teach you some stuff?" I suggested. "What do you mean?" Reika-san asked as she ate her pizza. "Like, how about I teach you the things you don't know?" I retaliated.

"Are you calling me stupid?" Reika-san asked with a small frown. "What? No way! I was only trying to see if I could help you!" I said quickly. "You were basically calling me stupid before." Reika said bluntly. "I was not!" I said. 

The reason why I was a bit panicked at the moment is because I was scared what Reika might do when she got angry. I still remember what she did in the preliminary round, how she killed that boy without any mercy. I gulped at the thought of it.