25

The next morning, I was looking out the window, watching the village people. "Reika, I have breakfast for you." The nurse called. "Thank you, but I'm not hungry." I called back, looking at the door. I could see her shadow through the door window.

"Okay, I'll come back later then." She said before leaving. I looked out the window again and gasped when I saw Naruto, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, and Neji leaving the village. What the hell is going on? Where are they going?

I quickly got out of bed and ran out of the room. I pushed past nurses and doctors. "Reika?! What are you doing out of your room? Come back! You're still not well!" A nurse called after me. I ignored her and ran out of the hospital, running over to Sakura.

"Sakura, where are they going? Why are they leaving the village?" I demanded, grabbing her shoulders. I noticed tear stains on her face and she was sniffling. "Sakura, focus. Where are they going?" I repeated, losing my patience.

"They're going to get back Sasuke."

"What?"

"He left last night."

Oh-no. They don't know what they're up against. I ran after them, even though I was far behind.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to catch up with them. Somehow, I was able to catch up with Neji. "Reika, get back to the village. It's too dangerous here." Neji said. "Save it, Hyuga! Where's Naruto?" I demanded.

I face palmed. Oh duh! How stupid can I be? I have his scent! I ran past Neji, heading towards my friend, my master; Naruto Uzumaki.

I ran past Sound Four as they were figthing their battles. I wasn't sure if they knew I was no longer Orochimaru's subordinate. But I didn't care about that right now. All I care about was getting to Naruto.

I gasped my heart roughly pounded against my chest. I stopped running and kneeled on one knee as I clutched the front of my shirt. I'm overdoing it. Gasping for breath, I stood to my feet and started running again.

"Sasuke!"

My ears twitched when I heard Naruto's voice. I know I was getting closer. I ran faster until I tripped and fell on my stomach. My heart was beating much faster than it was before. I coughed up blood, feeling sick as a dog.

"No... I have to keep going. I have to help... Naruto." I panted before standing to my feet. I got to the Final Valley, witnessing Sasuke and Naruto fighting. I saw Sasuke holding Naruto up by his collar with his Chidori activated.

I gasped when I realized Sasuke was going to kill Naruto.

"No!"

I lunged forward, grabbing the back of Naruto's collar and yanking him out of Sasuke's hold. Just as Sasuke struck, his Chidori went through my shoulder, electricity striking towards my heart. I gasped while coughing up blood.

I fell forward, sinking into the water. "Reika!"

I felt someone grab the back of my shirt and pull up from the water. I was set into someone's lap while they held me.

I opened my eyes, seeing Sasuke's face come into view. "Where's... Naruto?" I whispered. I shoved him away and used the little chakra I had to stay above water and crawled away from him, trying to find Naruto.

"Reika!" I heard his voice in the distance.

(Play Music) "Reika! Reika!" I closed my eyes for a second, then opened them, this time, seeing Naruto's face. "I'm glad... you're okay." I whispered with a smile, blood running down my chin. Naruto held me in his lap as he kept both of us above the water. "Hang in there! I'll take you back to the village! Grandma Tsunade will heal you!" Naruto said.