21

Reika's POV

I got changed out of the weird clothes I was wearing and got changed into a short sleeved shirt with shorts. I also took out the braids in my hair. I noticed my hair was longer, almost past my knees.  After I got dressed, I went back to Naruto's house.

I climbed to his window and found him lying in bed with his hands behind his head. I tapped on his window. He sat up and looked at the window. When he saw it was me, he went over to the window, letting me. "Are you okay?" Naruto asked.

"I'm fine." I said. I looked at him from head to toe. "You look like you got beat up." I mentioned. "It's a long story." He said, sighing. I took off his headband and sniffed his forehead. "Someone kissed you?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Grandma Tsunade kissed my forehead earlier." Naruto explained.

"You have a grandmother?"

"What? No! Grandma Tsunade is the Fifth Hokage."

"And she's your grandmother?"

"She's not my grandmother."

"Then, why call her "Grandma Tsunade" if she's not your grandmother?"

"I just call her that because she's suppose to be really, really old."

I raised a brow. "I don't get it." I said. I yawned and felt like falling asleep. Seriously. I need a catnap. I went to fall on my side, on the bed. But Naruto panicked and caught me, eventually falling on the bed with me.

"Are you okay? Are you in pain?" Naruto asked. I shook my head sleepily. "I'm just tired. I need a nap." I said as I closed my eyes. I placed my hand over Naruto's. "Will you stay with me? Please?" I requested.

"I'll always be with you." Naruto said. I smiled as my ears flattened while I drifted to sleep.

(Time skip)

I woke up after my long nap and yawned. Naruto was asleep next to me, some droll rolling down his chin. I wiped the drool off his chin, then looked out the window. It must've been around four o'clock.

I laid my head on Naruto's chest and yawned again, my ears moving up and down a bit. I waited until Naruto woke up from his nap. "Rise and shine, Naruto." I greeted. Naruto looked at me and blushed. "R-R-Reika, why are you laying on my chest?" He asked.

"Why not?" I asked, returning the question. "I woke up earlier and waited for you to wake up." I explained. My ears twitched. "Naruto, I have to go somewhere. Will you be all right by yourself?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure." Naruto replied. I smiled and kissed his forehead before heading off.

I walked out of the Leaf Village, taking a stroll to anywhere to clear my head. I looked down to my right foot when I heard a small meow. "Where are you going, Reika-san?" Aimi asked. "Don't call me Reika-san. It's just Reika." I said.

"Sorry. Where are you going?" She repeated. "Nowhere, really. Just taking a stroll." I said. I stopped and sniffed the air. "What's wrong? What do you smell?" Aimi asked. "I smell... fish?" I asked. I went into the woods and found a piece of fish, hanging by some rope.

"That's odd. What's a piece of fish doing hanging from a tree?" Aimi asked. "That's what I wanna know." I replied. I took the fish off the rope and examined it. "It's strange. It's not even warm. Like, it's just recently been placed here." I said.

My left ear twitched when I heard something from behind me. Before I could even turn around to see what it was, I was electrocuted from behind. I fell to the ground and blacked out.

Unknown POV

"Ha! Well, that was easy! I can't believe she fell for it!"

"I can't believe she's actually from the Takuma Clan. Are you sure she's the last one?"

"No doubt about it. Rumor has it that she was the only one who survived the massacre."

"Kind of stupid of her to be walking alone, don't you think?"

"Quit standing around and get her up. We don't have time for this."

My comrade picked up the unconscious cat-girl and put her over his shoulder. "Let's go. We're wasting daylight." I said, leading the way back to our town.