Stubborn

"Sweetie, what are you doing here?" Emily Jane asked as she opened the door to a mischievously smiling Aiden on the other side.

"I couldn't sleep knowing you were just a few feet away."

"Don't you know that it is bad luck for us to see each other the night before the wedding?"

"You don't really believe that hogwash, do you?"

"I don't know. Maybe. What if you go missing and stand me up at the altar tomorrow?" she joked with him.

"Well, that's why I should sleep here with you. That way, you know exactly where I am," he winked at her. "Now sweetie, let me in, it's cold out here."

They were at a bed and breakfast near the vineyard in Napa Valley for their destination wedding. They were having a small, intimate wedding. Only fifty guests were invited, including their families. Aiden wanted something quiet, something that wouldn't catch the press' eyes. He and Emily Jane had been under heavy media scrutiny lately, first with Blake, then with Vanessa. He wanted the wedding to only be about them, about the vows he was to exchange with his beloved, about their love for each other. Luckily, Emily Jane was on the same page. She told him that's how she was able to make things happen so quickly, because they were not having something too elaborate.

"Sweetie, didn't we go on a Christmas getaway so we can avoid this? So we can be without each other even for just a few hours?" she teased her fiancé as she let him in her room.

"Renting a cabin in Tahoe for our joined bachelor and bachelorette party was hardly us being alone on a getaway."

"We had our own room..."

"Yeah, but your brother and my sister were there. Brandon, Jenna, Lizzie, Ryan, Amanda, Ben, Lily..."

"Okay, I get it, I get it," she giggled as he walked behind her with his arms around her waist. "So we just break with tradition and sleep together?"

"Well if you want..." he whispered against her neck as his hands played with the elastic waistband of her pajamas.

"That's not what I meant!" she slapped his arm. "Only if you want to sleep in between Ames and me?"

"Oh gah, she's here?" he hissed in frustration.

"You knew very well I was sharing a room with your sister."

"That's easy. She's going to Jared's"

"It's 2 AM. Jare is my brother and all, but what does Ames going over there at this time say about her?"

"That she's a good sister," he smirked.

He walked up to where Ondine lay sleeping and nudged her. Ondine just groaned in response.

"Good luck and good night," Emily Jane slipped under the covers.

Aiden, not about to be deterred, hopped on top of Emily Jane and started grinding on her...rather exaggeratedly. Her eyes widened at him as they felt Ondine stir next to him.

"Ems? Is there an earthquake?" Ondine mumbled sleepily. She gasped when she saw her brother smirking at her. "Ew, Aiden!"

"Get out, dear sister," he chuckled.

"Save it for the honeymoon!"

"Can't. I can't sleep without my sweetie pie right here, and you wouldn't want me looking less than dashing for our wedding tomorrow, right?"

"Where am I supposed to go?"

"You figure it out."

"You mean Jay's?"