Aftermath

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Aiden asked his girlfriend as he held her close to his chest.

"I will be. Don't worry, it felt amazing," Emily Jane kissed his cheek.

"I didn't know. Good thing I didn't just ravage you like I wanted," he laughed.

"Well, thank you for waiting for me to be ready. I mean, I know we haven't really discussed when to do this, and it's not something I talk about. I mean, I'm 25! Who waits still, you know? But, I felt ready now. And you were the gentlest, most conscientious lover, so don't worry, okay? I'm okay."

"Okay. And you, my love, have nothing to be embarrassed about. It's an admirable thing to hold on to your values and to only do things when you're ready and with someone you love, not just because of peer pressure or anything. I love you so much."

"I love you so much, too."

"I think I'm in deeper trouble now though."

"What do you mean?" she raised her head and looked at him.

"I mean, my self control around you was already next to nothing, but now, after sharing the most intimate night with you, it's gone to complete zero!"

She laughed and smacked him on the chest playfully with the back of her hand. "Well, mister, practice some self control now because I'm telling you, I don't think I'm ready yet for another round," she giggled.

"Alright, alright. A reprieve for now," he kissed her on the top of her head and snuggled closer to her, placing her head under his chin as they both closed their eyes for some much needed sleep.

By the time Emily Jane woke up the following morning, she found herself alone on his bed. She sat up and pulled the sheet tightly around her body. She was about to get out of bed when Aiden walked through the bedroom door holding a tray of food. He smiled when he saw she was awake, rubbing some sleep off of her eyes with her fingers, her hair sticking up all over the place, but looking ever so radiant in his eyes anyway. She grinned at him as he set the tray down on the bedside table next to her.

"What is this?" she asked him happily.

"Breakfast in bed, service deluxe," he kissed her on the lips before sitting down next to her on the edge of the bed. "Don't get up, I will feed you."

"Why are you so nice?" she asked him with genuine tears in her eyes. "Why are you so good to me?"

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, sweetie," he wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"Happy tears," she explained swiftly.

"And I'm nice to you because I am in love with you. I want to do nice things for you," he finger combed her messy hair and tucked stray tendrils behind her ears. "I hope you like scrambled eggs because I have not yet perfected eggs over easy. I tried, but failed, so I just scrambled it in the pan."