Discoveries

"You love me?"

"Yes, I love you!"

They both said at the same time again after they both recovered from the initial shock. They both laughed. Aiden walked up to Emily Jane and cupped her face.

"I love you," he grinned at her and looked her in the eyes.

"Well, mister, you are in luck because I love you, too."

She wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked up at him and fluttered her eyelashes playfully. He chuckled and moved his hands around her waist, dropping his lips to give her a peck on the tip of her nose.

"So you love me, huh?" she asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Why?"

"Because you're funny, and smart, and ambitious, and creative, and you don't put up with any of this celebrity lifestyle crap. You are down to earth, humble, a real people person, and you made the first move. That was sexy as hell, by the way," he finished and pulled her ever closer to him.

"Well, I guess I figured it didn't hurt to try. Although I wasn't as brave as you think. It took a lot of coaxing from Lizzie and Amanda, trust me," she rolled her eyes at herself. "Don't you wanna know why I love you?" she asked, flirting with him.

"Nah."

"Why not?" she pouted in confusion.

"Because I already know why. 'He is so cute! How can a man look that good?! He is not real, I swear! Perfection!'"

She squealed and pushed him away. He laughed momentarily and then pulled her back to him so that almost every inch of their bodies were touching.

"That's not funny."

"Aww, sweetie, I'm sorry."

"I can't believe you even remember that, word for word, might I add!"

"I tried to fight it, but you already got to me upon that first meeting. I may not have liked hearing you talk about me like that, but it did boost my ego, now that I think about it."

"Whatever, Aiden."

"Sweetie, you're not gonna forgive me?"

"No. You made fun of me," she continued to pout.

"I was just goofing around, sweetie. I didn't know you would get so wound up about it."

"I guess it's a touchy subject for me. It was embarrassing. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole."

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I didn't know it was a touchy subject for you," he said then bent down and started planting tiny kisses on the side of her neck.