Comfort

"Sweetie?"

"Hmmm," Aiden mumbled as he trailed kisses along Emily Jane's jawline when she moved her lips away from his.

"Who won the acapella competition?" she asked with her eyes closed as she realized that they missed the entire final third of the movie.

"I don't know, we can always rewind it," he said as he nibbled along her ear lobe.

"We could do that..."

Aiden blindly reached for the remote on his nightstand and opened one eye to see where the play button was. The movie began to play from the very beginning again.

"It's starting all over again," she noticed.

"It's okay...we can just start paying attention when we get to the part we missed," he brought his lips back down to hers.

"Good thinking," she said in between kisses.

Aiden positioned Emily Jane on top of him as they continued to make out on his bed, his hands starting to roam up her back underneath the tank top she wore. She moved her hands from around his neck to his hair, her fingers tangling in his hair, making it more messy than it already was. She gave him one last peck on the lips and rolled off of him, out of breath.

"Sweetie?" he asked.

"My lips need a break," she giggled.

She stood up and rummaged through her purse for her cherry flavored lip balm and applied it. She flopped back down on the bed and offered him some of her lip balm which he gladly took and swiped some on his lips. He smacked his lips together and smiled.

"Hmmm, tastes like you."

Aiden set the lip balm on the night stand next to the remote control and fluffed the pillows so he could sit up properly on the bed. Emily Jane laid on her stomach just observing him and he reached for her as soon as he was settled. She cuddled up next to him and rested her head on his chest, her eyes now fixed on the television in front of them. She reached over him for the remote and fast forward to the part they missed. She settled back down into him and draped an arm and a leg over her boyfriend, making herself more comfortable as he caressed her hair away from her face. They both concentrated on the movie until it finished.

"Of course the girls won! Girl power!" she said after the closing credits rolled.

"Whatever," Aiden jested.

"Come on, don't be such a hater," she pinched his cheek. "I mean, if we had a sing off, I bet you I'd win over you," she winked at him.

"I'd have you know, I have a fantastic singing voice. I do play a rock star after all."

"Rock stars just need distinctive voices. Doesn't necessarily mean 'good'," she stuck her tongue out at him.