Underway

Aiden walked into Double M Events and walked up to the receptionist to check in. Lily, the receptionist, asked him to take a seat and offered water or coffee. Aiden declined the drinks, but did sit on the plush couch on the other side of the room. He picked up one of the bridal magazines and flipped through it, not really interested in its contents, just doing so to pass the time. It wasn't too long until he saw Emily Jane walking down the hallway, and Lily motioning over to where he sat.

"Hi, Mr. Carter. Sorry to have kept you waiting," she offered her hand for a handshake.

"Aiden is fine. Mr. Carter is my dad," he shook her hand and laughed.

"Okay, Aiden. Did you find our place just fine?"

"Yup, the GPS was accurate."

"Good, good," Emily Jane continued to make small talk. "Follow me to my office, Aiden."

Aiden followed her and silently checked her out. She was wearing a charcoal colored belted sheath dress that stopped above the knee with a black boyfriend blazer over it and black patent leather pumps. Her long hair was up in a sleek low ponytail, and her make up polished.

She opened the door to her office and let him in first before following him. She shut the door and took a seat in front of him.

"So, Aiden, tell me a little bit about your parents. I know of them, but I really want to make a personalized plan for them. Like, let's start with your mom's favorite color."

"She loves a really dark, rich purple. I know that was the color of their civil wedding in London. So if you could somehow tie that in to the whole autumn feel, then that would be great."

"Okay, good, purple. That actually shouldn't be too tough to incorporate with the oranges and browns of the season," Emily Jane wrote in her notebook.

"Now, your dad already mentioned when we met the other day that they weren't redoing the whole ceremony part, just the reception-slash-party. How many guests were you thinking of inviting?"

"Maybe around the ballpark of 100? I know dad just wants close friends and family."

Emily Jane wrote in her book again.

"I assume you want an indoor venue because October evenings can be pretty chilly by that time."

"Yes, that's right."

Emily Jane was in serious business mode the entire time. She may be a happy-go-lucky person, but when it came to her business, she was as serious as can be. She and Aiden exchanged a bunch of ideas and she told him she would put together a portfolio to show him and his dad in the coming week. She felt giddy during the entire meeting, and it wasn't only because of her crush who sat in front of her; she was genuinely excited that THE Owen Carter picked her to plan this party. This was the break she had been waiting for. She was going to do the best job she had ever done. She was not going to let the Carter family down.

She walked Aiden back to the reception area after their hour long meeting in high spirits. Aiden was very cooperative and receptive to all her suggestions and ideas; he was a guy after all, and this wasn't his own wedding, so he wasn't being a romantic who would throw in ideas of his own.