Chapter Fifteen.

Sorry for the late (and rushed and shitty) update! This week has been pretty tough on me, so I've just been trying to cope more than anything else. Whilst I'm sorry for the wait, I'm not sorry that I didn't update when I said I would because, yeah, I really needed to time to just sit back and breathe, you know? So, yeah... Regardless of that, I am extremely sorry, lovelies! I feel awful. Sad face.

I love you guys so much! Your support is amazing (I'm already at 300 fans - WOW!) and your comments always make me smile but I think I need to refer some of you to a special clinic okay because your feels are driving you insane okay no worries we're all friends here

Big love, hugs, and Ziam love! (I'm sorry for the drama in this chapter - except I'm really not lol oops - but I'd like to hear your thoughts on why what happens, happens!)

========== + + + + + ==========

I hadn't known that time with Mr. Payne - uh, I mean, Liam - would pass quite so quickly but it did and the fact made me pout and sigh; Liam was even more opposed to it, however, as he caged me up in his arms for ten minutes more than planned, kissing me until my head was spinning so I couldn't talk - actually, I couldn't think, either. That man has such a hypnotizing touch, and the feel of his hot skin pressing against mine...

Shaking myself from thought, I take a deep breath, my shoes scuffing against the school's tiled floor. It is Monday, which means I haven't seen Mr. Payne for a whole day and whilst that may seem pretty pathetic considering I only just kissed him on Saturday, it is like an ache in my chest and I really, really miss him. My fingers are twitching; from my pocket, I can pull out my phone and diall Mr. Payne's number and be talking to him in an instant but then, no, I can't do that because it's the start of the school day and it's unprofessional on his part, and it's also kind of risky and blah, blah, blah... I just want to talk to him - okay, no, I want to kiss him! When did that become a crime?

When you decided you wanted to kiss your teacher?

My lips purse subconsciously and I quickly lick them, trying to relax as I make my way to the quad where I usually meet Louis on a Monday morning - something which is vital this morning, considering I hadn't seen him on Saturday; when I went to go and talk with him, no-one was at home. Harry's car was missing and neither of them were there, so I presumed they'd gone to speak somewhere a little more private and I turned back to Liam who had dropped me off at Louis' and he told me that he had things to do but he'd happily drop me home. It was nice of him but, of course, I'd rather have spent the newly-opened time with him.

The quad is empty of people, apart from the light-skinned, tawny-haired silhouette of my best friend, whom sits on top of one of the benches with a little smile on his face as he stares down at his phone, texting avidly. I watch him for a while, rubbing absently at my jaw because I forgot to shave this morning and it's quite rough - cue the moment of blinding self-doubt wherein I wonder whether Liam will hate my stubble - before I walk towards Louis whom hears me coming and looks up when I'm about five feet from the bench he's perched on.

"Zayn!" he chirps, grinning at me. He hops down from sitting atop the table in the same manner as he does every morning so we are more or less and eye-level, then tugs me into a quick hug and pulls away before saying, "Shit, your jaw is looking good today."

Louis loves stubble. Harry doesn't really... have any. Maybe that's why he stood Harry up? No. No, Louis is not that shallow! Besides, he seems to think Harry is gorgeous.

"Hi, Lou," I say with small smile. "Haven't seen you a while... I mean, you know, since you ditched me on Saturday and disappeared to God-knows-where."