Chapter Fourteen.

Hi, guys! So, I've posted a sample of a Narry story that I a beginning to write in January! There are two chapters of it just so you can get a feel of it and decide whether it's  something you'd like to read.

Onwards from that, I just want to tell you guys how extremely lucky I feel to have you as readers. Every chapter, I grow more and more shocked by how beatifully fantastic your comments are; last chapter I was so taken aback by your reviews that I actually teared up a little because you're all just so brilliant and supportive and amazing, and I love every single one of you. Some of you are hilarious and I love hearing about your different responses to each chapter - that's why I reply to each and every comment no matter how long it takes. Thank you so so so so so much!

The video and the picture on the side killed me (IMAGINE ZAYN SUCKING FROTH OFF THAT FINGER LIKE HE DID IN COSTA). You are welcome (and I'm sorry).

Also, sorry for the late update. Wattpad had some... technical issues on my part. Ooops.

I love you all an awful lot. xxxx

========== + + + + + ==========

Let me begin with this: the prospect of leaving Mr. Payne’s side is none too tempting nor appealing in any way, shape or form.

Now let me tell you why.

Mr. Payne helps me to breathe – or, he doesn’t. Actually, he kind of steals my breath and my words every time I see him but that’s not the point; he makes me feel alive. When he told me the other day that we couldn’t continue the way we were, I would say I was heartbroken but I’m not in love with him, so perhaps I was just sad - really, very sad.

And now he’s here, tucking me up under his body, caged in between his arms as he pushes me up against the wall of Harry’s flat because he’s still fuelled with jealousy. “I can’t believe he was having you all this time,” he murmurs, running his fingers up my bare chest with a heavy frown, “my best friend…”

“I-“

“All this time…” His eyes narrow and he leans in closer, breathing hot air across my collarbone and making goose-bumps prickle my skin. “Did he give you that limp?”

“I-“ I swallow hard, flicking my eyes up from staring at his neck muscles - which stretch and strain as he cocks his head at me - to meet his. They are the colour of caramelised sugar as they have always been but seem darker now, as if burned. The jealousy is getting to him, Harry said not a moment ago – but that was before he left us alone to go and get dressed. “Yes.”

The burned colour gets darker and he crowds over me, pushing closer so his chest presses against mine as he heaves in a breath then harshly breathes it out, bending his elbow to hover his face above mine. “That,” he says, “was a dangerous choice, Mr. Malik - a very dangerous choice.”

My throat tightens and my mouth waters and I have to swallow so hard now that it almost seems painful. “What do you…?” The finger that was running along my chest suddenly dips past my belly button to my happy trail and into my boxers and I exhale shakily. “Mr. Payne…”

He grins absently, leaning forward once again so his lips just barely touch mine. “You’ve been very bad, haven’t you, Mr. Malik?” He doesn’t kiss me; instead, he leads his lips down my chin and to the crook where my neck meets my jaw then bites down, pulling it away with his teeth before letting the skin ping back into place. “Very bad…”

The feel of his stubble, of his breath and the vibrations of his voice against my skin make me whimper, and I tighten my fingers into where they have woven themselves in his hair. I attempt to reply but when my lips part, all that escapes me is a little moan as he sucks gently on my neck, working his way down to my exposed collarbone which he peppers hot kisses across.